It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Can we transfer/stream a GC configuration to another PA or server

orkun serin (132) | asked Jan 17 '17, 9:02 a.m.

Hello,

the idea would be to be able to transfer or make a stream of a GC stream/container having DNG, RDM, RTC, RQM streams to start it from another PA or even server.

Do you know if something like this is possible or foreseen ? Or at least if partly possible ?

Regards

Comments
orkun serin commented Jan 18 '17, 10:33 a.m.

Hi so far I have read about moving work items from RTC, but dont know where to start with this problem of reuse ? Could someone guide me here by any chance ?

orkun serin commented Jan 20 '17, 9:45 a.m.

Aren t there any matrixes stating what kind of objects for which applications can be used collaborately/transferred depending maybe of CLM version ?

Accepted answer

permanent link
Geoffrey Clemm (30.1k33035) | answered Jan 21 '17, 11:39 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

No, I am not aware of any current support (as of 6.0.3) for copying a stream from one Global Config project area to a different Global Config project area.   You could submit an RFE to request this functionality.   In general, if you do not see a Move, Copy, or Import/Export operation on an object, you will not be able to move it from one repository to another.   If an object has a project area property, and it is modifiable, then this will often let you "move" this object to another project area on the same server.

orkun serin selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
orkun serin commented Jan 27 '17, 9:59 a.m.

Hi Geoffrey, thank you for taking the time to answer my question. The idea is here to be able to transfer a whole project configuration. Would you have any tip for how to proceed with other applications if possible ? I think for example in DNG you can use ReqIf definitions, RDM : the rhapsody model could be used . Regards

Geoffrey Clemm commented Jan 27 '17, 3:20 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

There currently is no import/export function for Global Configurations.   There is some limited API support, which is being enhanced for the 6.0.4 release, which might allow you to code up your own.   For information about the GC API, see forum question https://jazz.net/forum/questions/209757/is-there-a-java-api-for-the-global-configuration-domain-available .

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.