It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Non Attribute based Presentation -Load bar can be included in work Item

kavita herur (5876593) | asked Jan 17 '17, 6:48 a.m.

Hi all,

Is there possibility to add Load bar into workItem may be at time of creation only.. ?
 Currently Progress bar can be added which talks about progress made in that work ticket based on that work tickets's estimate. 
 But I want to  have load bar  at least while creating work ticket so that we can see  how much team member is loaded with work and can be assigned to another team member.

Thanks,
Kavita

One answer

permanent link
Lily Wang (4.9k714) | answered Jan 17 '17, 7:28 p.m.

You could add "Work Progress" non-attribute based presentation to the work item editor presentation. But when you create a new work item the Progress bar will not show any useful data as the new work item's estimation is empty. The Progress bar doesn't who the progress of other work items owned by current user.

If you'd like to check the team member's work load, you could use the Work Breakdown plan view which group work items by users and show the user's progress in the plan. You can create new work item in the plan view and assign a owner by drag and drop the work item to the user. You will see the update of user's progress bar immediately.

Comments
kavita herur commented Jan 18 '17, 12:50 a.m.

Thanks Lily, I know the feature is available from Plan view or Breakdown widget, I want to customize attribute or UI so that load bar can be added to work item.

Whenever new work ticket is getting created and creator will get to know the user's load decide to assign to that user or not. Currently we are not using Plan view and this work ticket will be created from Integrated PA may DOORs or RQM project area

Thanks,

Kavita 

Lily Wang commented Jan 18 '17, 1:02 a.m.

Thanks for clarification. As mentioned, the user's work load is calculated value in the plan view so it's not possible to be shown in a single work item.

kavita herur commented Jan 18 '17, 4:58 a.m.

I saw link from Ralph -  manage absence - https://rsjazz.wordpress.com/2014/07/22/manage-scheduled-absences-using-the-plainjava-client-libraries/ So I was hoping something similar RTC-SDK API will be available to  customize attribute on work item.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.