It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

keeping view choose while opening new tab

Matthew More (40212) | asked Jan 10 '17, 2:38 a.m.
edited Jan 10 '17, 5:48 p.m. by Donald Nong (14.5k414)

Hi,

its that normal that jazz while opening links doesn't jump to defied place when some view is choose for example :
- open module 12345 Requirements in project 1234
- choose the view "02_Software_Requirements"
- go to artifact 22222
- point the cursor on the specification link, let the pop-up window show
- Ctrl-left-click the "In Modules" link

Jazz is not direct to correct place, redirection from link is working only when view is cleared
its that normal and correct behavior ?

jazz 6.0.2 iFix007

Comments
Donald Nong commented Jan 10 '17, 6:06 p.m.

When you say "Jazz is not direct to correct place", where does it go? I follow your steps and don't find anything abnormal. Also, when you open the module at the last step, is it the same module or a different module (assuming the artifact is reused in multiple modules)?

Matthew More commented Jan 11 '17, 2:09 a.m.
Donald,
Saying 'Jazz is not direct to correct place" i mean that new tab is opening but not in plece which is defined in hyperlink just jump somewhere , issue is not exist when you clear view setting in other tab but when some view is chosen im unable to open this place, view should be reset while opening new tab/link right ? 

Matthew More commented Jan 24 '17, 8:16 a.m. | edited Jan 25 '17, 1:37 a.m.

Ralph any comment ?

One answer

permanent link
Donald Nong (14.5k414) | answered Jan 25 '17, 1:44 a.m.

It works for me.

The URL has a parameter "artifactInModule" with its value being the resource URI of the requirement (artifact 22222 in your example). The selected requirement artifact appears as the first one in the new tab. It just works the way similar to how HTML anchor tag works.

I don't agree the view selection should be reset in the new tab. If you open the module in a new tab (by any means) in the same browser, you will see that the same view is selected. If you open a new module, it's not affected.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.