It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Pre Test to Migrate JTS 5.0.2 to JTS 6.0.3 on another machine

Jean-Loup PIETIN (13112) | asked Jan 02 '17, 10:46 a.m.
retagged Feb 24 '17, 5:16 p.m. by Ken Tessier (84117)

Hi everybody, Happy new year for all !!

For my company, i will update a JTS 5.0.2 to a 6.0.3 but we would do that in another server to test it in test environment before the production.

So, I have configured a new server in 6.0.3 and i would like transfer my DB2 data,JTS and CCM, from my old server to my new server but when i use the tools repotools, i get :

Reading the TAR file /opt/IBM/JazzTeamServer/server/JTSData.tar...
CRJAZ2403E The version of the data that you are trying to import does not match the version of this tool.  The "com.ibm.team.jfs.resource" component in the exported file uses version "8". However, this import tool can handle only version "9".

My question is : How migrate my 5.0.2 data  to 6.0.3 data .

I see that I can use the command "repotools" with parameter addTables for update my database in my 5.0.2 environnment with the teamserver.properties of my 6.0.3 but i i do that, can i continue to use my 5.0.2 server for the production. And I'm not sur is the good way to apply.

If anyone can help me.. Thanks in advance.

Best Regards

Jean-Loup PIETIN

Accepted answer

permanent link
Lily Wang (4.9k714) | answered Jan 03 '17, 2:00 a.m.
 You can not use "repotools -export / -import" to export the data from CLM 5.0.2 and then import it to CLM 6.0.3. The export/import has to be done with the same product version.

Regarding to your question, you can not migrate your data from v5.0.2 to v6.0.3. You have to setup a 5.0.2 testing environment using your production data at first, then upgrade the environment to 6.0.3. You can refer to document Staging a test environment for the upgrade process for the detail process. Please also refer tointeractive upgrading guide to upgrade to 6.0.3.

At last, please do not run any upgrade script or repotools command using your 5.0.2 production server.

Jean-Loup PIETIN selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Jean-Loup PIETIN commented Jan 05 '17, 6:43 a.m.

Thank you Lily Wang for your response and your link

The job is processing.

I'm feedback the result.

Regards

Jean-Loup PIETIN

Jean-Loup PIETIN commented Jan 06 '17, 10:31 a.m.

I have staging a test environment for the upgrade process... Th test environment is good.
I follow the next step so install RTC6.0.3 without do the setup step.
and i Launch the command :

upgrade/jts/jts_upgrade.sh -oldJTSHome /opt/IBM/JazzTeamServer/server/conf -noPrompt -noVerify -noStepPrompt -noEditor

I have said that i want migrate my tomcat (in 5.0.2) to Liberty (in 6.0.3) but the response of the script is :
CRJAZ1879E The source file "/opt/IBM/JazzTeamServer/server/liberty/servers/clm/conf/basicUserRegistry.xml" does not exist. The source file "/opt/IBM/JazzTeamServer/server/liberty/servers/clm/conf/basicUserRegistry.xml" cannot be copied to the target file "/opt/IBM/JazzTeamServer6.0.3/server/liberty/servers/clm/conf/basicUserRegistry.xml".
CRJAZ1868E There was an error merging configuration files. See log for details.
The jts upgrade failed at step 0.  Correct the problem and run the script again starting at step 0.

But I have not liberty on my 5.02 and it's normal...
How to avoid this errors.
Thanks in avance
Regards
Jean-Loup PIETIN

Lily Wang commented Jan 08 '17, 7:46 p.m. | edited Feb 21 '17, 10:22 p.m.

I did a testing in my environment but I didn't see the problem. During the upgrade script was running, it automatically merged the user information from Tomcat to Liberty:

-----------------
2017-01-09 11:41:17,935 Checking the old JTS version...
2017-01-09 11:41:23,680 CRJAZ2132I The old JTS version is "5.0.2".
2017-01-09 11:41:23,680 CRJAZ2624I The new JTS version is "6.0.3".
2017-01-09 11:41:23,680 
2017-01-09 11:41:23,695 Merging JTS configuration files...
2017-01-09 11:41:23,711 Backing up the Liberty user configuration file "c:\JAZZ\IBM\Jazz603\server/liberty/servers/clm/conf/basicUserRegistry.xml" to "c:\JAZZ\IBM\Jazz603\server/liberty/servers/clm/conf/basicUserRegistry1483922483711backup.xml"...
2017-01-09 11:41:23,727 Backup Liberty user configuration file "c:\JAZZ\IBM\Jazz603\server/liberty/servers/clm/conf/basicUserRegistry1483922483711backup.xml" created.
2017-01-09 11:41:23,727 
2017-01-09 11:41:23,727 Merging Tomcat users xml file "c:\JAZZ\IBM\Jazz502\server/tomcat/conf/tomcat-users.xml"...
2017-01-09 11:41:23,742 CRJAZ2965I All user passwords have been reset for the WebSphere Liberty configuration and new passwords can be found in the file at "c:\JAZZ\IBM\Jazz603\server\passwords.txt".
2017-01-09 11:41:23,789 The Tomcat users xml file was merged successfully. The merged file is present at "c:\JAZZ\IBM\Jazz603\server/liberty/servers/clm/conf/basicUserRegistry.xml".
----------------------------

Could you please check if the old JTS version information is correct in you environment>

Jean-Loup PIETIN commented Jan 09 '17, 2:52 a.m. | edited Feb 21 '17, 10:22 p.m.

Thnaks for your response

this is my log ... perhaps is in the parameter of the command line ...

upgrade/jts/jts_upgrade.sh -oldJTSHome /opt/IBM/JazzTeamServer/server/conf/ -noPrompt -noVerify -noStepPrompt -noEditor

=============================================
===    JTS Upgrade    ===
=============================================

Last execution failed at initial step...

Step 0: Update config files

Directory: /opt/IBM/JazzTeamServer6.0.3/server
Command:
    repotools-jts.sh -migration_jts_updateConfigurationFiles oldJTSHome=/opt/IBM/JazzTeamServer/server/conf/ jtsContextRoot=jts updateAppServerFiles=yes updateTomcatFiles=no  newJTSHome=/opt/IBM/JazzTeamServer6.0.3/server/conf    lpaContextRoot=admin

Repo Tools
Provisioning using "./conf/jts/provision_profiles".

To submit questions about issues, go to the Jazz.net forum at https://jazz.net/                                            forum.
 To find more information about a message, see the online product documentation.
CRJAZ1363I Loading the configuration from "bundleresource://388.fwk-1305754366:1                                            /teamserver.properties".
Validating JTS configuration files...
Checking the old JTS version...
CRJAZ2132I The old JTS version is "5.0.2".
CRJAZ2624I The new JTS version is "6.0.3".

Merging JTS configuration files...
Backing up the JTS teamserver properties "/opt/IBM/JazzTeamServer6.0.3/server/co                                            nf/jts/teamserver.properties" to "/opt/IBM/JazzTeamServer6.0.3/server/conf/jts/t                                            eamserver-1483948066388backup.properties"...
Updating properties file "/opt/IBM/JazzTeamServer6.0.3/server/conf/jts/teamserve                                            r.properties" using the properties defined in "/opt/IBM/JazzTeamServer/server/co                                            nf/jts/teamserver.properties".
         - Updating property "com.ibm.team.repository.completed.setup".
         - Updating property "com.ibm.team.repository.setup.completed.setup".
Backing up the Liberty user configuration file "/opt/IBMJazzTeamServer6.0.3/server/liberty/servers/clm/conf/basicUserRegistry.xml" to "/opt/IBM/JazzTeamServer6.0.3/server/liberty/servers/clm/conf/basicUserRegistry1483948066526backup.xml"..                                            .
Copying Liberty user configuration file "/opt/IBM/JazzTeamServer/server/liberty/servers/clm/conf/basicUserRegistry.xml"...
CRJAZ1879E The source file "/opt/IBM/JazzTeamServer/server/liberty/servers/clm/conf/basicUserRegistry.xml" does not exist. The source file "/opt/IBM/JazzTeamServer/server/liberty/servers/clm/conf/basicUserRegistry.xml" cannot be copied to the target file "/opt/IBM/JazzTeamServer6.0.3/server/liberty/servers/clm/conf/basicUserRegistry.xml".

CRJAZ1868E There was an error merging configuration files. See log for details.

The jts upgrade failed at step 0.  Correct the problem and run the script again starting at step 0.

Besst Regards
Jean-Loup PIETIN

Jean-Loup PIETIN commented Jan 09 '17, 3:25 a.m. | edited Feb 21 '17, 10:22 p.m.

I'm trying with updateAppServerFiles parameter with value "no"

An I will see if the system work... for the moment the upgrading is processing... But i think that i have a problem with liberty and tomcat...

I'll write Back after upgrade process will finish.

Jean-Loup PIETIN commented Jan 09 '17, 8:34 a.m. | edited Feb 21 '17, 10:23 p.m.

After different test with '-updateAppServerFiles no' line command parameters, the migration is finished.

A little adjustment still for the self signed certificate but the server start and i have get back all my user and project.

So Thank you Lily Wang for your time

Best regards

Jean-Loup PIETIN

showing 5 of 6 show 1 more comments

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.