It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Create ORACLE_JDBC_DRIVER_FILE environment variable on app server or DB server?

Bob 3 (1481564) | asked Jan 31 '19, 1:27 a.m.
retagged Feb 04 '19, 3:14 p.m. by Michael Afshar (7014)

I have a question about the Rational CLM setup workflow for Oracle databases. Step 4.4 of the interactive workflow is to "Create an environment variable named ORACLE_JDBC_DRIVER_FILE and point to the ojdbc7.jar or ojdbc8.jar JDBC driver"

This instruction is the last item under step 4, "Set up the database." This context implies to me that this step should be accomplished on the database server

However, just thinking about the situation, it would make more sense to me for this step to be accomplished on the application server.

Can someone clarify? Thanks!

Accepted answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33645) | answered Jan 31 '19, 6:15 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

As far as I can tell, this is a setting that is required for the system running the application (and app server) and not for the DB server. Usually no Oracle DB Admin would let you even touch their system, thank you very much. 

Bob 3 selected this answer as the correct answer

One other answer

permanent link
Michael Afshar (7014) | answered Feb 04 '19, 3:15 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

I filed Clarify the location of env. var. in the docs (475548) to fix the documentation.

Thanks,
Michael

Comments
Bob 3 commented Feb 04 '19, 3:56 p.m.

Thanks so much, Michael! 

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.