It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Issue with timestamp of snapshot

Bharath M (5465428) | asked Sep 03 '09, 5:28 a.m.
Hi,

There seems to be some inconsistency in snapshot timestamp on eclipse client and Web UI. I was trying to run New Workitems By Severity report and on Report Designer preview its showing correctly. But on Web UI it shows one prior day as timestamp.

For example, if a workitem is created on 2 Sep 2009, on Web UI it is showing as created on 1 Sep 2009.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
Bharath

4 answers

permanent link
Rafik Jaouani (5.0k16) | answered Sep 03 '09, 10:27 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Using the report designer the chart gets rendered on the client using the client's timezone.

Using the WEB UI, the report gets rendered on the server using the server's timezone. This is a very interesting find. Currently the report rendering on the server takes into account the locale of the client but not the timezone.

I guess this situation happens when the client and server are very far apart.

Can you please raise a work item and we will fix this.

permanent link
Bharath M (5465428) | answered Sep 03 '09, 12:13 p.m.
Can you please raise a work item and we will fix this.

Created a workitem @
https://jazz.net/jazz/web/projects/Rational%20Team%20Concert#action=com.ibm.team.workitem.viewWorkItem&id=93670

Thanks,
Bharath

permanent link
Daniel Cox (4261168) | answered Sep 03 '09, 12:23 p.m.
Is it only the report designer that shows this differently? When you run the report from the rich client it is still serving the report through the embedded web browser right?

I think you would want to make sure that the report output is consistent and does not take into account the client timezone as this could get quite confusing for people looking at reports such as "# of defects created by day"

permanent link
Bharath M (5465428) | answered Sep 03 '09, 12:38 p.m.
Is it only the report designer that shows this differently? When you run the report from the rich client it is still serving the report through the embedded web browser right?

Yes, from my observation its just the report designer that shows the correct date. Even on rich client's embedded web browser it shows a prior date, similar to Web UI.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.