It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Why is it different when exporting PDF and CSV with Portuguese Brasil output special characters

Setembrino Lusa (54) | asked Dec 12 '16, 6:49 a.m.
Hi, I am opening a new question, but also referencing to https://jazz.net/forum/questions/171005/how-can-i-fix-gibberish-output-in-csv-and-pdf-export-from-rqm-while-using-hebrew-language-characters

Special characters are shown in CSV export instead Portuguese translated chars...
But, in PDF export the translation is OK
I am using 6.0.2 iFix006a in windows/oracle 12c
my advanced properties' default font is Helvetica to Brazil Portuguese.

Export samples:

CSV
Frente,"Módulo da Frente","Responsável pela Execução","Cenário ID",
"Descrição do Cenário","Sub-Cenário ID","Descrição do Subcenário",
"Nome","Descrição da Condição de Teste","Status da Execução",

PDF
Frente,"Módulo da Frente","Responsável pela Execução","Cenário ID",
"Descrição do Cenário","Sub-Cenário ID","Descrição do Subcenário",
"Nome","Descrição da Condição de Teste","Status da Execução",

Accepted answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Dec 12 '16, 6:54 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
With what tool do you open the CSV file? Which encoding do you set for the CSV file to open in the editor?
Setembrino Lusa selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Setembrino Lusa commented Dec 12 '16, 7:10 a.m.

Hi @rschoon

If I import the data as text, using UTF-8, as the question I mentioned, the result is OK, everything is translated as expected.
But is there a way to just open it in MS excel with the same result ?

Ralph Schoon commented Dec 12 '16, 7:15 a.m.

Gerds answer in https://jazz.net/forum/questions/171005/how-can-i-fix-gibberish-output-in-csv-and-pdf-export-from-rqm-while-using-hebrew-language-characters shows how to do that in Excel. There is even a screenshot. Did you not read that?

Setembrino Lusa commented Dec 12 '16, 7:20 a.m. | edited Dec 12 '16, 8:02 a.m.

As I said, that is the way to import in Excel, using the correct encoding, and it's OK.

I was wondering to just open it with the correct encoding, but it's related to the OS. Thanks @rschoon we can close this question.

Ralph Schoon commented Dec 12 '16, 8:31 a.m.

I have looked at Microsoft and setting encoding several times e.g. in Visual Studio. I have found that they don't seem to have good capabilities to set default in this area. This is rather an Microsoft question than a Jazz question as well.

Setembrino Lusa commented Dec 12 '16, 3:13 p.m.

I understand, and my question is more about

It works in RTC exporting to CSV and show all the chars correctly translated to pt-BR in CSV, without any import, I believe it is exported as UTF-8 encoding as default

Why not in RQM too ? RQM exporting to CSV uses European Ocidental encoding as default, so we have to Import it and save it againg to change de encoding...

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.