It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Can I add multiple sprint backlog plans at the same time / in bulk?

Vicky Pagnaer (63129) | asked Nov 29 '16, 8:50 a.m.
 In 6.0.2 you can add multiple iterations with a numbering sequence in one big update. I'm wondering if the same functionality is available for plans? Because of course, we want a plan for all the iterations we've just added :-)

I've only found the single "Create Plan" function in the menu + the import XML function, but I'm not quite sure whether this adds work items or not, which is not something I'm looking for. I just want to be able to add a plan for every new iteration without having to add them all manually.

Comments
Vicky Pagnaer commented Nov 29 '16, 8:53 a.m.

Note: in case this is not at all available, I would suggest adding this functionality to the Add Iterations dialog, so that you can make plans for all the iterations you add at the same time...

Accepted answer

permanent link
Lily Wang (4.9k714) | answered Dec 01 '16, 12:18 a.m.
Currently RTC does not provide the function of creating plan automatically when a new iteration is created.
There's a quite old enhancement request about the task https://jazz.net/jazz/web/projects/Rational%20Team%20Concert#action=com.ibm.team.workitem.viewWorkItem&id=178911 but hasn't had any progress for a long time.
Vicky Pagnaer selected this answer as the correct answer

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.