It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Is there a convenient way to change the "planned for" field a large group of work-items (epics) other than opening each individually?

Kim Williams (56133) | asked Mar 17 '16, 2:25 p.m.
I have a large group of epics on which I need to change the value of Planned-For.  I would like to be able to view the choices for the field and select from a dropdown if at all possible.  I do not what to have to open each Epic up individually to do it.  Is there another way?

2 answers

permanent link
Patricia Der (5011) | answered Mar 17 '16, 2:38 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
  1. In the Work Items tab, highlight the WIs that you want to change the Planned For.
  2. Right-click over the Planned For column
  3. Select Change Planned For > your_new_planned_for_choice.

permanent link
Donald Nong (14.5k414) | answered Mar 18 '16, 12:52 a.m.
I'll make it easier for you.
1. Create a new work item query with condition "Type: Epic", and "Planned for" as a column to be display. Add further conditions to reduce the result set if required.
2. Run the query.
3. Click on the Edit Multiple Work Items button at the top right corner of the result set. Notice a green cross sign appears right next to the "Planned for" column header.
4. Click the checkbox of all the work items that you want to modify.
5. Click on the green cross sign next to the "Planned for" column header. The "Planned for" attribute value selection box should appear at the top of the result set - it looks very similar to the condition editor of the query.
6. Select the desired value.
7. Click on the Run button at the top right corner to finish.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.