It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Editing work items in Plan triggers 'Save Plan' permission error, what am I missing?

Vicky Pagnaer (63129) | asked Dec 22 '17, 2:57 a.m.

Hello,

We have RTC 6.0.3 and we have some users with a role that does not have Modify Plan/Save Plan permissions. They are however able to edit work items from within a Plan (and we encourage them to :-) -- they have all Save Work Item permissions).

What I don't understand is the following: every once in a while, they will try to add / edit work items from within a Plan (usually multiple work items at a time) and when saving they will get an error (ID CRJAZ6053E - Permission denied "Modify Plan").

The actions they take can be any of the following:
- edit work item inline in the plan
- add work item (child or sibling) in the plan
- drag & drop work items into a different Parent

I don't see how any of these would trigger this error... I'm sure they haven't tried to edit the Plan View, though they might have sorted a column by clicking on the column title. Is there any other action I should be looking for that might trigger this error?

Be the first one to answer this question!

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.