It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RRDI 5.0.2 Configure Data Content Store in Configuration wizard showing error?

Salman Shaikh (23412873) | asked May 12 '15, 10:45 a.m.
edited May 12 '15, 10:46 a.m.
Error Message
The information about the database connection could not be validated due to an error. Ensure that the database is running and the user name and password are correct. If you want to create a new database, select the "Enable to create the local database" check box.
Details
CRRRA0077E: An error happened when validating the database. 'com.ibm.rational.rrdi.setup.db.common.RRDIDBException: CRRRD4710E: Connection to the database cannot be established. Make sure that the connection information, the user, and credentials are valid. Make sure that the driver is properly set up and that the correct communication protocols have been configured on the database. Refer to the DBMS error message and code for details. Error Code: 4710 SQL ERROR: [jcc][t4][2013][11249][3.63.123] Connection authorization failure occurred. Reason: User ID or Password invalid. ERRORCODE=-4214, SQLSTATE=28000'.

Error Image  : Page Image
Please tell me the solution
Note : i have DB2 on different machine and Application on other Machine.

Accepted answer

permanent link
Krzysztof Kaźmierczyk (7.4k374103) | answered May 12 '15, 11:01 a.m.
Hi Salman,
As the error message says: your user or password is invalid. Did you double check it?
I also would suggest you checking if you are able to connect using db2 client from command prompt:
db2 connect to connection-url USERuser-id USING password
Let us know if you are able to connect to db using cmd
Salman Shaikh selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Salman Shaikh commented May 13 '15, 10:32 a.m.

I am able to connect to DB using CMD.

Salman Shaikh commented May 13 '15, 10:33 a.m.

I am able to connect to db using cmd.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.