It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Is creating BIRT reports still supported on RTC V6.0?

Mounir bsaibes (231713) | asked Nov 11 '16, 4:16 p.m.
I am trying to create a BIRT report with input parameter, but it does not seem to work. the pop-up windows does not show any field to input the parameter.

One answer

permanent link
Tiago Moura (8387) | answered Nov 12 '16, 7:55 a.m.
You should not have any problems to create BIRT reports on RTC v6.0. Actually, it's a good option when JRS can't offer a way to report something.

Comments
Mounir bsaibes commented Nov 14 '16, 5:28 p.m.

Thank you Tiago, good to know.
I am running Version: 6.0.2
Build id: RTC-CLIENT-I20160323-2215

But I don't seem to get a entry field to enter the parameter, neither from the preview tab, nor when I run the report as html. How do I get support to see what is going on?

Donald Nong commented Nov 14 '16, 6:03 p.m.

If you have problems with the popup, it may have nothing to do with RTC. In other words, it can be a pure BIRT issue. You may get more information or support on the below forum.
http://developer.actuate.com/community/forum/

Tiago Moura commented Nov 16 '16, 8:37 a.m.

As Donald said, it should be not a RTC problem, maybe you are making some config mistake. But, all I can say is: you are able to define report parameters using BIRT and RTC 6.0.2 (I already did this).

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.