It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Have edit combo boxes been changed in the 6.0 version of the RTC web application?

Frank Batista (11) | asked Oct 26 '16, 3:17 p.m.
Hello,

As a blind user of the RTC web application, I am not having success when recently attempting to update fields, in particular edit combo boxes with a black down-pointing triangle.  I am able to update the field if I know exactly what value I need; I can just type it in.  I am not able to select from a list.

For example, we have a Planned For field that is an edit combo box.  Once I select the field for updating, I should be able to begin pressing on the down-arrow key to start going through the list of choices.  As I do so, I hear nothing announced.  In the past, I have been able to select a choice from the list.  Now, I must type in my value and as long as it is in the list, all is well, but if not then I'm stuck and need sighted assistance.

Based on the About information under Help of the RTC web application, the version currently running is 6.0.1; I am also using Mozilla Firefox version 45.4.0; I am using the JAWS screen reader software.

Have edit combo boxes been changed in the 6.0 version of the RTC web application?

Also, how can I submit a defect or change against RTC?  I went to the jazz.net SUPPORT > Get Help > "Submit a bug or an enhancement" page, but I am not finding how to actually accomplish this.

Thanks,
Frank Batista

2 answers

permanent link
Isabel Murakami (3811515) | answered Oct 27 '16, 7:43 a.m.
Hi
Frank,
You can access directly the jazz.net Project Area for Rational Team Concert:
https://jazz.net/jazz/web/projects/Rational%20Team%20Concert#action=com.ibm.team.dashboard.viewDashboard
and create your enhancement or defect.

Regarding the black down-arrow key, it is the same - you click at the arrow and it will open a combo-box for your selection. Wondering if you are facing this issue due a slowness on your server, your browser version or maybe a defect related with a specific combo.
Taking the chance that you are planning to open a new enhancement request/defect, do the test on the own combo box  "Planned for". Jazz.net is using 6.0.3 RC1 at the moment.

Comments
Frank Batista commented Oct 27 '16, 2:44 p.m.

Hi Isabel, I opened Defect via jazz.net Project Area for RTC.  Behavior is consistent so not server related.  Thanks.

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33645) | answered Oct 27 '16, 11:04 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited Oct 27 '16, 11:06 a.m.
You can work with support they can open PMRs which is ranked higher than the next approaches.

To create enhancement requests use the RFE Community: https://www.ibm.com/developerworks/rfe/execute?use_case=changeRequestLanding&BRAND_ID=0&PROD_ID=435

You can also create defects and and enhancement requests in the RTC project. This has the lowest priority.

Start here
https://jazz.net/jazz/web/projects/Rational%20Team%20Concert#action=com.ibm.team.workitem.viewWelcome and create a defect (or enhancement request) like you would with RTC.

Comments
Frank Batista commented Oct 27 '16, 2:53 p.m.

Hi Ralph, Saw your answer after responding to an earlier post.  I submitted Defect via jazz.net Project Area for RTC.  I'll make a note that the first way you mentioned is of higher priority than the way I took.  Thanks.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.