It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

CLM Roadmap Windows Server 2016

David Beange (111364101) | asked Oct 06 '16, 7:14 a.m.
Hi

I'm trying to find if there is a roadmap for CLM to know if there is a plan for Windows Server 2016 becoming a supported platform.

Thanks

Comments
Donald Nong commented Oct 07 '16, 3:22 a.m.

Wow, that's way too early. It was just released a week ago. Just give you some perspective - Windows Server 2012 R2 was released on October 18, 2013, and a Task work item for adding its support was created on May 16, 2014.

One answer

permanent link
Rolf Nelson (617159) | answered Oct 10 '16, 9:56 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
@David Beange  -  We will definitely be supporting Windows Server 2016 in the future.  What is your time frame for needing it qualified to run the CLM applications?  For example, do you need it by 1H Calendar Year 2017 or 2H Calendar Year 2017? Also if you could comment on what business driver (reason) your company plans to move aggressively to Windows Server 2016 to help me understand if other customers may be motivated to move rapidly to this new Windows server release.  Typically we see a more gradual adoption of new server platforms over a period of 12-18 months.  Thanks for any guidance you can provide to us.

Rolf Nelson - RTC Product Manager

Comments
David Beange commented Oct 10 '16, 10:37 a.m.

Rolf, Thank you for responding. The project are currently running on Blade Centres which are running out of support and as the project is running to 2020 they are looking on what the replace the blades with. Ideally they would have preferred to go straight to Sever 2016 when it is available in 2017 to save having to look at OS changes once everything is live on the new servers. But with the anticipated time frames of 12 - 18 months for the adoption then they may not have an option but to go with 2012 R2 for now. David

Shuhichi Saitoh commented Jun 19 '17, 3:54 a.m.

@rsnelson Thank you for providing the info.
I also have a customer planning to buy/install RTC and want to install RTC on Windows 2016 Server. They want RTC to be installed on Windows 2016, because they are planning setup several Windows 2016 servers for new systems, and Windows 2016 Server will be their (next gen) standard platform OS.

They will setup RTC at the end of this year (Dec. 2016 / Jan 2017), which I suppose CLM 6.0.5 is out.
Does RTC/CLM 6.0.5 have plan to support Windows Server 2016 as runtime platform?

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.