It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to get RM-Application Internal license for upgrading v3.0.1 to CLM v4.0.1

Doug Verhun (75169) | asked Jan 08 '13, 3:55 p.m.

I downloaded CLM 2012 from passport advantage to upgrade our current version (3.0.1), though when I installed the software onto our server, the install only included the 4.0 trial licenses, and made no mention of the base keys (the ones I'm looking for are the Data Collector, LPA Application-Internal, and especially the RM-Application Internal as it is required to perform the migration step successfully as part of the upgrade).  I checked our license key center site and could not find them there either.  Are these included as part of the 'trial license' package, or do I still need to obtain them from somewhere?

Thanks in advance,

Doug

Accepted answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.4k33646) | answered Jan 10 '13, 4:25 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Dough,

the base license keys are shipped with the install data. In the past you had to select to install the base keys for the machine, when you installed JTS. In 4.0 there is no base license key set, and I assume it gets installed with the respective product or JTS. If you upgrade, just try to install the products you need.

If upgrading, you need to have the 4.x licenses activated for the user that does the RM online upgrade.

As far as I know you have two choices:
  1. Upload the 4.0 Licenses from PA before attempting the upgrade
  2. Upgrade and upload the 4.0 Licenses first thing you do after the upgrade, especially assign a 4.0 Rational Requirements Composer - Analystlicense to the user that starts the RM online upgrade.

Doug Verhun selected this answer as the correct answer

One other answer

permanent link
Diana Kraaijeveld (57727) | answered Feb 14 '13, 8:17 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
If, for whatever reason, the RM-Application Internal license is missing and the other suggestions did not work,
you can try the following procedure to generate this license, import it and assign it to the rm_internal user:

1. navigate to http(s)://<server>:<port>/rm/licensekey (or rdm/licensekey if you ever migrated from RRC 2.x). 
You will be prompted to download a file.
2. Save the file as RMInternalLicense.jar. 
Note, you may need to use FireFox in order to be prompted to download the file.  If you are using Internet Explorer, or if a page is displayed instead with XML data, copy the data to a text file and save the file as RMInternalLicense.jar.
3. Import the license in the normal way.
4. Once the license has been imported, assign the license to the rm_user user.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.