It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to get table caption and table title from DOORS through RPE

Manoj sajjan (19516) | asked Sep 30 '16, 6:08 a.m.
 HI everyone,

I am unable to get the table title beside the table caption from rational doors through RPE. I am using rational doors next generation 5.0.2 and rpe 1.3

can anyone please the suggest the solution. 

thanks in advance 

Manoj

2 answers

permanent link
Subramanya Prasad Pilar (4.6k16) | answered Sep 30 '16, 7:45 a.m.
edited Sep 30 '16, 7:55 a.m.
You should see the table caption at the bottom of the table by using dataSource/artifact/content/text/richTextBody/div in the RPE template.

The XHTML returned by DOORS Next Gen is as follows:

And RPE output will be as in the screen shot:

If you want to print caption in different location, you can use Script Expression (regexp) and get the text between "caption" tags, print that text again.

Comments
Manoj sajjan commented Sep 30 '16, 8:00 a.m. | edited Sep 30 '16, 8:01 a.m.

Hi Prasad

can you please send the solution with respect to doors as source control for RPE

regards
manoj

permanent link
Subramanya Prasad Pilar (4.6k16) | answered Oct 03 '16, 6:39 a.m.
edited Oct 03 '16, 7:48 a.m.
You can refer http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg21431215

First, open DOORS module and select Edit->Attributes. Add attribute ("tableCaption") and set value for the new attribute "tableCaption" (right click on object / table and select Properties, go to Attribute tab and set value for the new attribute tableCaption).

In RPE, right click on DOORS data source schema (in Outline view), select "Edit Using Schema Discovery...". In the wizard, select "Module and object attributes", select the DOORS module, check the newly added attribute "tableCaption" and finish the wizard. You will find this under Module/object after this.

Comments
Manoj sajjan commented Oct 03 '16, 7:10 a.m.

Hi prasad,

thanks for kind reply.
I am using RPE 2.0, In given link, can you please explain how you were able to add TableCaption and TableCaptionLabel attributes. Because i was not able to find this table caption under Module/object in my doors data source schema. So, can you please suggest the solution for the same.

thanks in advance
manoj

Subramanya Prasad Pilar commented Oct 03 '16, 7:49 a.m.

Updated the steps in the answer. Hope you get it working.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.