It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Has the RM 6.0.2 Reportable Rest Interaface changed for extracting rich text data with inserted linked requirements?

Jamie Berry (14014196) | asked Sep 12 '16, 6:38 p.m.
Within RM/DNG text based artifacts, we frequently insert requirements into the rich text and link the inserted requirement.  This provides a nice way to organize a set of requirements and supporting text.  When we want to generate deliverable documents including these artifacts, we have relied on RPE using the reportable REST API to extract the requirement text and as of RM 5.0.2 and RPE 1.2.1.1 the inserted requirements showed up with links in the generated Word document.

I have been testing our upgrade to RM 6.0.2 and I discovered that the RPE template that worked fine with 5.0.2 does not include the inserted requirement in 6.0.2.  I even took the REST URI and pasted it in a browser connected to both our 5.0.2 system and the upgraded 6.0.2 test system and found that the inserted requirement is just not returned in 6.0.2. 

Does anyone know what change is needed in the URI to make this continue to work in 6.0.2?  Below is an example URI:  https://<server>:9443/rm/publish/text?resourceURI=_1ZQHkmgfEeO1O9hMYtpYTw .  This is a link to a "Documentation" type object with Format of "Text".   It has a couple of tables with inserted requirements.  The results include the inserted requirements from the 5.0.2 server but the table cells are empty for the 6.0.2 server.

We have not enabled Configuration Management in the project area for 6.0.2 although some basic features do appear (context shows up and offers a basic stream that coincides with the original creation date of the project area - several years ago...).

Thank you,
Jamie.

Accepted answer

permanent link
Erwin Kunz (94687086) | answered Sep 13 '16, 2:20 a.m.
not sure if it will help you. but we had the issue that the embedded text from other artifacts where not visible

To have those returned by the query I had to extend the rest call
https://server/rm/publish/text?resourceURI=_Fm9OnH7EEeOy3-JITKjyow&showEmbedTitles=true&maximiseEmbeds=true

erwin
Jamie Berry selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Jamie Berry commented Sep 13 '16, 10:37 a.m.

Erwin,

Thank you for the information.  This fixed my issue.

Jamie.

Erwin Kunz commented Sep 14 '16, 3:13 a.m.

Welcome :-)

BTW go for 2.1 if you can. There a few nice new features

One other answer

permanent link
Subramanya Prasad Pilar (4.6k16) | answered Sep 13 '16, 7:08 a.m.
edited Sep 13 '16, 7:11 a.m.
I can see that requirements inserted (both "Insert Artifact" and "Add Link (Ctrl+L)") are shown in the RPE 2.1 output. You can see the output (from %rpe_home%\templates\DNG\DNG_Resources.dta) in the screen shot.

Which version of RPE are you using? Do you see any message in console or RPE log? If so, kindly provide the log.

Regards,
Prasad
subra.prasad@in.ibm.com

Comments
Jamie Berry commented Sep 13 '16, 10:40 a.m.

I am using RPE 1.2.1.1.  The issue is with the REST API call I was using, not RPE itself as the REST URI doesn't even return the embedded data.  The template I was testing was run against a URI that selected a single RM artifact.  I will do further testing starting with a view to see if the artifacts from the view are served correctly in RPE.  If I continue having problems, I will give RPE 2.1 a try.

Thank you,
Jamie.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.