It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Other users unable to generate a document that pulls data

Allen Earnest (6212437) | asked Nov 30 '15, 4:32 p.m.
 Hello All,

We write report templates with RPE and install them to RM/DNG so that our users can generate documents.

Problem is that for some reason I am the only one able to generate a document that actually pulls data and displays it on the document.  When someone else browses a module and generates the document, no data is pulled from Rational, and they get an empty document.

Why am I the only one able to generate a document that actually pulls data?  I see no errors in the RM/RRDG log files.  Other users have the exact same role permissions that I do in the project area.  Everyone should be able to generate a document from the module just as I do.

We are currently using RPE 2.0.1 and Jazz 6.0, but we have seen this behavior before with earlier versions of both products.

Thanks for any replies.

One answer

permanent link
Kumaraswamy Gowda (39115) | answered Dec 01 '15, 12:10 a.m.
HI Allen,

I cannot think of anything better since you mention that the access permission is same for other users. One ways is to debug this scenario. With the help of the below link, you will get a document specification (.dsx file), using which you could trigger document generation from RPE Launcher.

http://rpeactual.com/2014/07/28/one-more-technique-for-debugging-dng-document-generation/

I'm assuming that you're aware of RPE Launcher and have it installed.

Thanks,
Kumar

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.