It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How can I troubleshoot the authentication behavior differences of ALM Connector ?

Kevin Ramer (4.5k9186201) | asked Aug 02 '16, 9:52 a.m.
I've been migrating from RRDI 5.0.2 to Cognos BI following this guide.  Migration is successful and all 5 of the JTS whose RRDI has been migrated exhibit 3 distinct behaviors when visiting Reports / Using Cognos

1) The following challenge

2) A login panel

3) Neither, the UI goes to Cognos straight away.

I'm reasonably certain there is some minor configuration detail either in Cognos or jazzns_config.xml that helps trigger this.   I'm open to suggestions

Accepted answer

permanent link
Francesco Chiossi (5.7k11119) | answered Aug 02 '16, 10:00 a.m.
Hello Kevin,

for #1 to remove the message you can set the cognos server as trusted client on the Jazz Team Server.
See:
How do you get rid of the warning for allowing the reporiting server to collaborate with a CLM server?
https://jazz.net/forum/questions/163973/how-do-you-get-rid-of-the-warning-for-allowing-the-reporiting-server-to-collaborate-with-a-clm-server

Best Regards
Francesco Chiossi
Kevin Ramer selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Kevin Ramer commented Aug 02 '16, 11:48 a.m.

Thanks for the tip.   Should this be done for all parties for a given JTS ( i.e. the registered applications ) ?  

Francesco Chiossi commented Aug 02 '16, 12:02 p.m.

It should be enough to set "Trusted URIs for client authorization and redirection" on JTS.

Kevin Ramer commented Aug 02 '16, 12:30 p.m.

I think I stumbled upon solution.  The change of ...PogoServlet to com.ibm.rational.reporting.servlet.DispatchServlet in web.xml wasn't done in all those that related to the p2pd application under WebSphere profile.

Kevin Ramer commented Aug 02 '16, 1:04 p.m.

Between your answer and my re re reading of the migration as pertaining to the web.xml life is back to normal.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.