It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RQM 5.0.2: How can I change Test Environments?

Pnina Lavie (46421) | asked Jul 21 '16, 11:36 a.m.
 Few Questions, I'm not sure I understand the way it works:
1. What is the relation between Platform Coverage and Test environment? How they affect each other?
2. I'd like to generate Test Environments based on 2 parameters only: Operating System and CPU, how to do?
2. How can I edit the values for CPU?
3. How can I edit the Values for Operating System?

Accepted answer

permanent link
Don Yang (7.7k21109138) | answered Jul 22 '16, 11:40 p.m.
Hi, Pnina

1. Platform Coverage allows you to add various platform such as operation systems, CPU, browsers etc which you want to test/support in the test plan.
When you generate new test environment under 'Test Environment' tab, the list will come from Platform Coverage.

Under Test Environment tab, you can add existing Test Environment which may not generated by you(independent from the platform coverage you selected)

2. You can select Operating System and CPU under 'Platform Coverage' tab, and go to 'Test Environment' tab to generate new test environment which will show you the list of OS and CPU you selected under Platform Coverage

3. You can not edit the value of CPU or Operating System.
There is an existing RFE for that: https://jazz.net/jazz02/web/projects/Rational%20Quality%20Manager#action=com.ibm.team.workitem.viewWorkItem&id=60923

If you go to 'Manage Project Properties' > Lab Resource and Channel Properties, you can try to add new CPU and OS. For example you want to edit Alpha to be Beta, you can create a new CPU type 'Beta' and then hide Alpha. After logout and login again, you will now have 'Beta' available and Alpha is hidden, when you add CPU to Platform Coverage, you will see Beta instead of Alpha now. Although you can not directly edit Alpha to Beta, you may consider this as a workaround of edit.

I hope this helps.

Pnina Lavie selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Pnina Lavie commented Jul 25 '16, 8:28 a.m.

Hi Don,

Many thanks for your detailed response. I guess I understand now the logic & relations among Lab Management,  lab Resources and Channel Properties, Platform Coverage and  Test environment. It is not intuitive at all, but I understand it now. I hope that in newer versions of RQM, this feature is more friendly & intuitive.
Thanks!

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.