It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Why is repotools-jts.sh -setup struggling to finish Setup without retries?

Lonnie VanZandt (88517) | asked Jul 20 '16, 8:41 a.m.
 For Linux x86-64 within 16G RAM, requesting configuration of CM, RM, QM, DM, LQE, RS, GC, LDX, and Derby, I run:

./repotools-jts.sh -setup parametersFile=/opt/IBM/JazzTeamServer/server/conf/jts/parameters.properties adminUserId=ADMIN adminPassword=ADMIN prompt=missing overwrite=yes

For CLM 6.0.1, this would reliably run to completion in a single attempt. For CLM 6.0.2, it takes several "would you like to retry? (Y)" retries to get through the setup.

It appears that there are either network delays, CPU utilization overruns, or memory shortages that cause the setup process to abort but in a manner that is resumable. However, the error logs are very limited about what may be the real cause of these aborts.

Are there known issues with the repotools setup scripts for CLM 6.0.2 and, if not, what is the recommended way to diagnose what may be occurring behind the scenes?

Comments
Lonnie VanZandt commented Jul 29 '16, 4:28 p.m.

Is REPOTOOLS_MX_SIZE a useful tunable here?

Lonnie VanZandt commented Jul 29 '16, 6:16 p.m.

I am now running:

REPOTOOLS_MX_SIZE=4096 ./repotools-jts.sh <arguments as usual>

This should allow the JVM(s) launched out of the repotools script to blow past the 1500M default limit.

Lonnie VanZandt commented Jul 29 '16, 6:38 p.m.

This may help (because Java apps always welcome getting more space to run in) but the script still aborts in resumable ways.

There may be operations that are timing out. Are there environment variables or other tunables that give the application more time for long-running operations?

Lonnie VanZandt commented Jul 30 '16, 11:49 a.m. | edited Jul 30 '16, 11:50 a.m.

The current issue is the one described at Jazz Support article on CRJAZ2654E

that relates to
CRJAZ2654E The server was unable to connect to the database because the database connection settings are invalid or because database is unreachable (SQLSTATE: 08001, SQLCODE: 40000)

Interestingly, the IBM advice in the first link is that the Derby database is "officially not supported". I knew it was not recommended for business use but I was unaware that it wasn't even fully supported for evaluation purposes.

Be the first one to answer this question!

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.