Jazz Forum Welcome to the Jazz Community Forum Connect and collaborate with IBM Engineering experts and users

Import Requirements using option in RQM

I have created an xml file for requirements that maps identically to the samples ... from within RQM I am using the "import requirement" feature and selecting XML local file ...

I get an error "internal server error" .. so I though it was my file that was in error so I tried the same with a sample requirment xml file .. same thing ... BUG ?????

0 votes



2 answers

Permanent link
Do you have access to the server that is running RQM?
If so, take a look at the console window that is running the RQM server. Take note of the last message listed. Then, try to import your requirement (sample or otherwise). As it fails you should see a new message(s) output to the console. That will likely contain more information to diagnose the issue... post any console messages here and we'll see if it is anything obvious.
Thanks,
John

I have created an xml file for requirements that maps identically to the samples ... from within RQM I am using the "import requirement" feature and selecting XML local file ...

I get an error "internal server error" .. so I though it was my file that was in error so I tried the same with a sample requirment xml file .. same thing ... BUG ?????

0 votes


Permanent link
Do you have access to the server that is running RQM?
If so, take a look at the console window that is running the RQM server. Take note of the last message listed. Then, try to import your requirement (sample or otherwise). As it fails you should see a new message(s) output to the console. That will likely contain more information to diagnose the issue... post any console messages here and we'll see if it is anything obvious.
Thanks,
John

I have created an xml file for requirements that maps identically to the samples ... from within RQM I am using the "import requirement" feature and selecting XML local file ...

I get an error "internal server error" .. so I though it was my file that was in error so I tried the same with a sample requirment xml file .. same thing ... BUG ?????


We're resolved the issue ... we added a custom field to the requirement form (reqID) that the system didn't appear to like ... after we revoked this field, the import proceeded without error

0 votes

Your answer

Register or log in to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.

Search context
Follow this question

By Email: 

Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here.

By RSS:

Answers
Answers and Comments
Question details

Question asked: Aug 19 '09, 9:07 a.m.

Question was seen: 6,956 times

Last updated: Aug 19 '09, 9:07 a.m.

Confirmation Cancel Confirm