It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Import Requirements using option in RQM

Karen Steele (1.2k2135139) | asked Aug 19 '09, 9:07 a.m.
I have created an xml file for requirements that maps identically to the samples ... from within RQM I am using the "import requirement" feature and selecting XML local file ...

I get an error "internal server error" .. so I though it was my file that was in error so I tried the same with a sample requirment xml file .. same thing ... BUG ?????

2 answers

permanent link
Karen Steele (1.2k2135139) | answered Aug 20 '09, 10:42 a.m.
Do you have access to the server that is running RQM?
If so, take a look at the console window that is running the RQM server. Take note of the last message listed. Then, try to import your requirement (sample or otherwise). As it fails you should see a new message(s) output to the console. That will likely contain more information to diagnose the issue... post any console messages here and we'll see if it is anything obvious.
Thanks,
John

I have created an xml file for requirements that maps identically to the samples ... from within RQM I am using the "import requirement" feature and selecting XML local file ...

I get an error "internal server error" .. so I though it was my file that was in error so I tried the same with a sample requirment xml file .. same thing ... BUG ?????

We're resolved the issue ... we added a custom field to the requirement form (reqID) that the system didn't appear to like ... after we revoked this field, the import proceeded without error

permanent link
John Nason (2.4k1012) | answered Aug 19 '09, 10:54 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Do you have access to the server that is running RQM?
If so, take a look at the console window that is running the RQM server. Take note of the last message listed. Then, try to import your requirement (sample or otherwise). As it fails you should see a new message(s) output to the console. That will likely contain more information to diagnose the issue... post any console messages here and we'll see if it is anything obvious.
Thanks,
John

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.