It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RQM Excel Import: Modifying existing Test Cases result in deleting Custom Attribute and Test Scripts

Gabor Federics (34418) | asked Jul 18 '16, 11:00 a.m.
I have Excel table of test cases (exported through Report Builder) with Internal IDs that should be linked to a new test plan.
I tried to create it with the RQM Excel Importer. My goal was only to create a new test plan and link the list of (already existing) test cases in excel with it.

I used the following script:

testplan.XLSWorksheetID="QueryResults"
testplan.dc:title="anything"
testplan.XLSLink=testcase
testcase.XLSWorksheetID="QueryResults"
testcase.XLSStartRow=2
testcase.XLSArtifactID="urn:com.ibm.rqm:testcase:"&D

Result: the new test plan named "anything" was created and all the test cases in the excel table were properly linked.

Problem 1: all the custom attributes of these test cases have been deleted
Problem 2: all the test scripts of these test cases have been removed

Is this behavior a failure or some kind of known limitation of the REST API?

Thanks in advance for all the anwers

One answer

permanent link
Don Yang (7.7k21109138) | answered Jul 19 '16, 1:51 a.m.
Hi, Gabor

RQMExcelImporter does not update something in the existing artifacts, fundamentally it will recreate the artifacts.
Therefore what you see if expected result. To avoid that, you may want to use Link() modifier in order to link
new testplan to the existing test cases, something like testplan.textcase=Link(A), A will have internal id of existing testcases, see the post here for more inputs:

https://jazz.net/forum/questions/113794/rqm-excel-importer-tool-linking-to-existing-artifacts-test-scripts

I hope this helps.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.