It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RQMExcelImporter: updating Spreadsheet with TestCase, TestScript, Test Result Numbers

Richard Good (872158) | asked Nov 22 '17, 10:44 a.m.

Hello,

I have figured out how to use this tool to export Test Cases and Test Scripts into RQM and with a bit of effort can export just the results into RQM but I need to go into RQM to get the test case, test script numbers.

Ideally, what I want to do is grab the output of the tool so that I can annotate the sheets with the number of the Test Case, Script and Execution Results Record that were created from it, so that any new results on subsequent runs are updated but the test script detail and expected results are not (they might be locked down) and the new result is linked to the script, case and test execution record. You'd think there would be an easy way to do this, what trick am I missing. Cheers for any help.

Richard 

2 answers

permanent link
Mehul Patel (9695) | answered Nov 29 '17, 11:46 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR

Richard,

When we use 'XLSArtifactID' with the test artifact, it will update the artifact if already exist otherwise it will create the new. So you need to specify artifact ID for the test artifact which you want to update if exist. Please refer 'Execution Results' from sample file in which testcase has been specified using XLSArtifactID and execution result is explicitly linked with testcase.

Regards,
Mehul

permanent link
Richard Good (872158) | answered Nov 30 '17, 6:37 a.m.

Hi Mehul,

Thanks for the reply.

I need to add a script so cannot add this entry as a comment - not enough characters. I have a potentially large collection of Test cases to add and there is potential for some of them to have the same names. I therefore thought it safer to use the Link using the URN syntax with the number of the test case, script, execution results artifacts I am linking to, this avoids potential ambiguities/ errors with updating the wrong records.

The first run or edit runs will update the actual Test Case and Test Script details, on these runs I wish to populate my spreadsheet with the numbers of the Test Script/ Test Case/ Execution Results records that were created/ updated. This seems like a common use case - how can I achieve this? One of my scripts follows, the idea would be to replace the lines

executionresult.testcase=Link("urn:com.ibm.rqm:testcase:20")
executionresult.testscript=Link("urn:com.ibm.rqm:testscript:19")
executionresult.executionworkitem=Link("urn:com.ibm.rqm:executionworkitem:11")

with

executionresult.testcase=Link("urn:com.ibm.rqm:testcase:" & D1)
executionresult.testscript=Link("urn:com.ibm.rqm:testscript:" &D2)
executionresult.executionworkitem=Link("urn:com.ibm.rqm:executionworkitem:" &D3)

where row D contains the numbers of the artifacts created on a Test Case Detail update run

A complete example script to update just the results follows: -

//Here we are just adding execution results and linking to existing items
//When the items are known the record numbers need to be embedded on the sheets
//Might need the ID too
//Could possibly use some sort of output from QM to Excel to update the sheet after initial upload
executionresult.XLSWorksheetID="Test"
executionresult.XLSStartRow=15
executionresult.XLSDelimeter=\n

//Can probably do without this as long as we do not change the name of the worksheet
//if we do, we need to use a label on the sheet itself
//executionresult.XLSArtifactID="Richard"

executionresult.testcase=Link("urn:com.ibm.rqm:testcase:20")
executionresult.testscript=Link("urn:com.ibm.rqm:testscript:19")
executionresult.executionworkitem=Link("urn:com.ibm.rqm:executionworkitem:11")

executionresult.dc:title="TC001_TS034"
executionresult.er:details=E
executionresult.jzalm:state=J
executionresult.er:starttime=K
executionresult.er:endtime=L
executionresult.er:stepResults.steptitle=D
executionresult.er:stepResults.stepname=D
executionresult.er:stepResults.er:steptype=H
executionresult.er:stepResults.er:result=I
executionresult.er:stepResults.er:description=E
executionresult.er:stepResults.er:expectedResult=F
executionresult.er:stepResults.er:actualResult=F

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.