It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

how to share content of label created by one user to other users?

jane zhou (106865) | asked Jul 13 '16, 7:04 a.m.

Currently, I am working on CCM project area.

I created a Editor presentation by using RTC attribute Labels, 
And when I created a new work item, I added a new label as "my_project_1" to this labels attribute. Then I clicked save to make it taking effect. Then I  created another work item, when I  just type "m" in this editor presentation for Labels, "my_project_1" will show up automatically.

However, when my co-worker wants to type the same content in the same editor presentation by using his user account, "my_project_1" will not show up.

We are working on the same project.

So, I am wondering RTC can not support labels sharing between different users? i.e. the content of label is user specific? it is not a global value which can be shared with different users?

Thanks!

Comments
Donald Nong commented Jul 14 '16, 5:55 a.m.

Are you sure this is not the Form Autocompletion feature of your browser? Use a different browser or machine and see if you still have this "magic".

One answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Jul 14 '16, 6:33 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited Jul 14 '16, 6:34 a.m.
Terminology: what is a label?

1. Work item attributes have values and these values are displayed in a work item in the editor presentation. Do you mean this?

2. When adding work item attributes to an editor presentation you can change the display name if you want. Do you mean this?

If you mean this, it is important to talk about the type of the attribute. If the type is an enumeration or an item such as a project area or user etc, there are mechanisms to access the values tat are available and a different user would see these choices as well.
If the attribute type is String, boolean, some number or HTML then there is no value set that is specified and the users won't get proposals, unless you define a value set.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.