It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Question about query work item by using REST API

Grace Wang (2515) | asked Jun 27 '16, 6:26 a.m.
Hello,

I used following shell script to query work item:
curl -k  -b $COOKIES -o "$tmpquerylog" -H "Accept: application/x-oslc-cm-changerequest+json" $QURL

And following is the value for QURL:
QURL=$HOST"/oslc/contexts/_nO3roXC_EeS6vP4NWXuc2g/workitems?oslc_cm.query=oslc_cm%3AsearchTerms%3D%22*$pdtitle*%22%20and%20dc%3Atitle%3D%22*$pdtitle*%22%20and%20dc%3Atype%3D%22$pdtype%22%20and%20rtc_cm%3Astate%21%3D%22$pdstate%22&oslc_cm.properties=dc%3Atitle%2Cdc%3Aidentifier "

The confusion is that I need to convert all the special characters except english character to URL code format including the character in the value of some params, such as pdtitle.

Following script is that I used to convert them. Is there any other better methods to deal with it instead of converting? Kindly please check and give some advice, thanks!
pdtitle=`echo $PD_TITLE | sed -r -e 's/:/%3A/g' | sed -r -e 's/ /%20/g' | sed -r -e 's/"/%22/g' | sed -r -e 's/=/%3D/g' | sed -r -e 's/,/%2C/g' | sed -r -e 's/\//%2F/g' | sed -r -e 's/\\\/%5C/g' | sed -r -e 's/</%3C/g' | sed -r -e 's/>/%3E/g' | sed -r -e 's/\(/%28/g' | sed -r -e 's/\)/%29/g' | sed -r -e 's/\*/%2A/g' | sed -r -e 's/\./%2E/g' | sed -r -e 's/-/%2D/g' | sed -r -e 's/_/%5F/g'`

Accepted answer

permanent link
sam detweiler (12.5k6195201) | answered Jun 27 '16, 9:21 a.m.
see answer 13 here
http://askubuntu.com/questions/53770/how-can-i-encode-and-decode-percent-encoded-strings-on-the-command-line

Grace Wang selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Grace Wang commented Jun 28 '16, 11:27 p.m.

Thanks! It works!

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.