It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RTC Integer field showing with comma in the Web

John S F Lander (901942) | asked May 28 '14, 12:50 p.m.
Attribute created as Integer, presentation in editor as Integer.
Number 4444 shows correctly in the eclipse client but on the web shows as 4,444
Cant see how to correct

2 answers

permanent link
Donald Nong (14.5k614) | answered May 29 '14, 1:33 a.m.
The comma sign is the thousand separator. The behavior that you observe is considered as normal by most users. Do you use a space as the separator, or not use a separator at all? If you are finding a way to change/hide the separator, then I'm not sure it can be done or not.

Comments
Dana Maxfield commented Jun 27 '14, 11:35 a.m.

I do have an integer field which should not use any separator. Any way to turn it off?

Donald Nong commented Jun 30 '14, 2:24 a.m.

If it's only for one field, I cannot find a way to do it in the editor presentation, since both the Integer and String kind produce the thousand separator. You may use customized theme to override the default numbering format, but that will be for all the integer fields. Dojo is supposed to handle this according to your locale. What locale are you using?

permanent link
Alex Akilov (1211924) | answered Nov 09 '15, 4:48 p.m.
 The only way I figured out how to do this is to change the attribute and the presentation to be of type long.  Apparently Dojo only handles integers with this formatting but not longs

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.