It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RTC 3.0 Eclipse IDE - can't see change set

Kathryn Kuykendall (025) | asked May 23 '13, 1:03 p.m.

I am the administrator for our Rational tools and I have a user that is unable to see the contents of change sets in work items. She is using the Indigo Eclipse IDE with the RTC plugin installed. She opens the work item and clicks on a change set in the links tab of the work item. In the Change Explorer tab of the Eclipse IDE it displays "----Pending..." but never displays the files in the change set.

What is the fix for this behavior? Does the user need to "Refresh Sandbox and Remote Changes" from the Pending Changes tab?

I have searched jazz.net and the internet and have not found the answer.

2 answers

permanent link
ankur sharma (66212228) | answered May 23 '13, 1:48 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
 RTC 3.0 support Eclipse 3.5.2 (see system requirements https://jazz.net/library/article/496#Client_Eclipse)

Try installing RTC plugins with it. You may download Eclipse 3.5.2 from http://www.eclipse.org/downloads/packages/release/galileo/sr2

Also, it would work best with IBM JRE 5

Comments
Kathryn Kuykendall commented May 23 '13, 2:09 p.m. | edited May 23 '13, 3:09 p.m.

So are you saying this issue is caused by using an unsupported Eclipse IDE?

Tim Mok commented May 23 '13, 3:14 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

It sounds like your user is doing everything correctly. Are there any other plugins installed into that Eclipse? Can you try the Eclipse client from the RTC 3.0 release? It would help to know that it is or isn't an issue with that particular install of RTC and Eclipse.

Kathryn Kuykendall commented May 23 '13, 3:33 p.m. | edited May 23 '13, 4:29 p.m.

More information. Neither the user or myself can view the changes from the web ui for this defect work item. The message is:

Differences between the Before and After states of the file cannot be computed because neither of the content types of the states can be displayed: application/unknown, application /unknown

Do you know what this error means?

Tim Mok commented May 23 '13, 4:34 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

The content isn't set to be interpreted as text so the web ui can't display the changes. I don't think it's related because your Eclipse client doesn't even get to the part where it is trying to show the change differences.

It would be helpful if you can confirm whether any other plugins are installed in the Eclipse client or if you can try it with a different version of Eclipse (preferably the packaged one that already has RTC installed).

permanent link
Kathryn Kuykendall (025) | answered May 23 '13, 5:06 p.m.

The user has the following plugins installed in their Eclipse IDE:

Code Collaborator 6.5.6510 and RTC Client 3.0.4.RTC-I20120326-1442

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.