It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

enter test script comments with line breaks

Brett Bohnn (94111157) | asked Jun 17 '16, 5:37 p.m.
edited Jun 17 '16, 5:39 p.m.
Hi,

I am importing test scripts steps with comments and they are on new lines in the Excel cell:

But that imports on a single line:

There does not appear to be way to enter new lines when adding a comment to a test script step. I am checking to see if I  am missing something or this is a valid Request For Enhancements

Thanks,
Brett

2 answers

permanent link
Don Yang (7.7k21114139) | answered Jun 18 '16, 2:52 a.m.
Hi, Brett

Using Pre()modifier should preserve new line when exporting to RQM.

Thanks

Comments
Brett Bohnn commented Jun 20 '16, 12:27 p.m.

Hi Don,

I am using Pre:
testscript.steps.property name="comment"=Pre(N)

And I see this (notice when I edit the comment it shows on 2 lines but not in the comment itself on the test script step):

Also, if you insert  a new comment "Enter" does not open a new line like it does in other rich text sections.

And I do not see a <br> in the XML for the test script:

<ns8:comment>Line 1 Line 2</ns8:comment>

Thanks,
Brett

Don Yang commented Jun 21 '16, 11:28 p.m.

Hi, Brett

I tested with 502 and see the similar result as you got. When exporting the the file, I notice comments are under Div HTML tag but if I tried with Div(), it has the same result. In the XML file, it does show multiple lines as expected, it is only when it got to QM test script, it displays in one line. This seems to me it's a defect.

Thanks

permanent link
Joao Carusi (263314) | answered Jun 20 '16, 10:36 a.m.
Hi Brett,

Please refer to the following post for more info:
https://jazz.net/forum/questions/218623/how-to-define-line-feed-in-rqmexcelimporter#218678

Comments
Brett Bohnn commented Jun 20 '16, 11:27 a.m.

Hi JP,

I used ALT+Enter Key in Excel in the column in Excel, as shown in my screen shot above. That imports on a single line in test script comments.

Brett

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.