It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Problem with Provider Icon in RQM 2 beta 2

Andrea Papitto (26118) | asked Jun 18 '09, 11:59 a.m.
Hi,

I m just following this intructions, and I m wondering why at the step 4 I can't see on the menu any "provider Icon". did I forget some previous steps?
--------------
Running STAX automation from Rational Quality Manager
After the STAX environment and adaptor have been configured, and at least one STAX task is available for execution, you can execute STAX tasks from within IBM Rational Quality Manager.
If you already have machines created in Rational Quality Manager, start with step 4 in the following procedure.

1. In the left sidebar, point to the Lab Management icon (Lab Management), and click Create Machine. The Create Machine editor opens.
2. Enter the test machine name. This should be the fully-qualified hostname of the machine.
3. At the top of the Create Machine editor, click Save.
4. Click the Add to Provider icon (Add to provider).
5. In the Add to Provider window, in Provider, select STAX. Leave the rest of the fields blank.
6. Click the Save. The message Lab resource successfully added to provider displays. If the machine is not added to the provider, this might be because STAF is not running on either the Rational Quality Manager server or the target machine, or because the configured STAF trust levels are incorrect.
-------------
thanks in advance

One answer

permanent link
Lei Shi (2271) | answered Jul 14 '09, 2:40 a.m.
Does the user has Test Lab Manager CAL? You should give the CAL to the user, then you can see the 'Add to provider' button.

Hi,

I m just following this intructions, and I m wondering why at the step 4 I can't see on the menu any "provider Icon". did I forget some previous steps?
--------------
Running STAX automation from Rational Quality Manager
After the STAX environment and adaptor have been configured, and at least one STAX task is available for execution, you can execute STAX tasks from within IBM Rational Quality Manager.
If you already have machines created in Rational Quality Manager, start with step 4 in the following procedure.

1. In the left sidebar, point to the Lab Management icon (Lab Management), and click Create Machine. The Create Machine editor opens.
2. Enter the test machine name. This should be the fully-qualified hostname of the machine.
3. At the top of the Create Machine editor, click Save.
4. Click the Add to Provider icon (Add to provider).
5. In the Add to Provider window, in Provider, select STAX. Leave the rest of the fields blank.
6. Click the Save. The message Lab resource successfully added to provider displays. If the machine is not added to the provider, this might be because STAF is not running on either the Rational Quality Manager server or the target machine, or because the configured STAF trust levels are incorrect.
-------------
thanks in advance

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.