It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Cannot Find JDBC Driver

Summer Xu (2631) | asked Jun 23 '09, 9:46 p.m.
Hi!
I installed RQM and SQLServer 2005 with SP2. Configured the DB according to instructions. I was able to create tables using repotools (says JDBC connection suceesful and tables were indeed created). So I know my JDBC driver works. But when I launch RQM, Tomcat gives me all these errors, caused by:
Caused by:
java.lang.IllegalStateException: CRJAZ0808I The driver "com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerDriver" could not be loaded and registered. Support for some database vendors requires that the JDBC driver JAR be provided in a path configured by the server scripts. If you are experiencing problems changing the database vendor, refer to the product setup instructions for more information.

So it looks like Tomcat cannot find the JDBC driver. I did put the .jar file in sqlserver folder under "server" directory. I also was able to get Tomcat to display the version of the driver and connect successfully once, after playing around with the server.startup.bat file many times. So I know the JDBC driver is there and is compatible. I suspect it might be my server.startup.bat file. its set to the following:

@echo off
rem *******************************************************************************
rem Licensed Materials - Property of IBM
rem (c) Copyright IBM Corporation 2008. All Rights Reserved.
rem
rem Note to U.S. Government Users Restricted Rights:
rem Use, duplication or disclosure restricted by GSA ADP Schedule
rem Contract with IBM Corp.
rem *******************************************************************************
rem Unset JAVA_HOME because we really want to use the JRE that is bundled.
rem Also, Tomcat will complain if JAVA_HOME is set to a JRE instead of a JDK
rem and that should be avoided
set OLD_JAVA_HOME=%JAVA_HOME%
set JAVA_HOME=

set START_DIR=%~dp0
set ORACLE_JDBC=%START_DIR%\oracle
set DB2I_JDBC=%START_DIR%\db2i
set DB2Z_JDBC=%START_DIR%\db2z
set JRE_HOME=%cd%\win32\ibm-java2-i386-50\jre
set CATALINA_HOME=%cd%\tomcat
set CATALINA_OPTS=-Dcom.ibm.team.server.configURL=file:///"%cd%"/teamserver.properties

-Dlog4j.configuration=file:///"%cd%"/log4j.properties

set SQLSERVER_JDBC=%START_DIR%\sqlserver

set JAVA_OPTS=-Djava.awt.headless=true -DSQLSERVER_JDBC="%SQLSERVER_JDBC%"

-DORACLE_JDBC="%ORACLE_JDBC%" -DDB2I_JDBC="%DB2I_JDBC%" -DDB2Z_JDBC="%DB2Z_JDBC%"

-Dorg.eclipse.emf.ecore.plugin.EcorePlugin.doNotLoadResourcesPlugin=true

-Dcom.ibm.team.repository.provision.profile="%cd%"\provision_profiles

-Dcom.ibm.team.repository.tempDir=%TEMP% -Dcom.ibm.rqm.create.samples=false -Xss512k

-Xmx700M

call "%CATALINA_HOME%"\bin\startup.bat

set "JAVA_HOME=%OLD_JAVA_HOME%"
set OLD_JAVA_HOME=
set JRE_HOME=
set CATALINA_HOME=
set CATALINA_OPTS=
set JAVA_OPTS=

Can someone please tell me whats wrong?
Thanks! :oops:

One answer

permanent link
Jose Collazo (2188) | answered Jul 19 '09, 12:52 a.m.
Verify this Link
http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?rs=3488&uid=swg21391050

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.