It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Is it possible to import a table into a requirement text using the "Import requirements from a CSV file" tool?

Zach Bailey (1112) | asked Jun 16 '16, 12:55 p.m.
edited Jun 16 '16, 2:33 p.m.
Ideally I would like to be able to upload a table into the primary text of a requirement using the "Import requirements from a CSV file" tool in DOORS NG.  

Is there any table markup format that can be included within a cell in a CSV file that would be parsed as a table upon upload?

One answer

permanent link
Daniel Moul (4.9k1318) | answered Jun 16 '16, 2:59 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
The CSV format does not contain enough information to generate a table in DOORS NG.

If the table is in a Word document (or OpenOffice Text or RTF) you can import that into DOORS NG.

Comments
Zach Bailey commented Jun 16 '16, 3:04 p.m.

The problem is that I need to import several dozen artifacts that have many attributes, and each containing tables.  I don't think its possible to do this with the Word import feature.  

Daniel Moul commented Jun 16 '16, 4:09 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Perhaps most expedient would be to do two imports, one with tables in a Word doc and one as CSV file with attributes. Then copy/paste each table into the corresponding requirement with the attributes.  Fortunately you are not dealing with several hundred (or thousand).

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.