It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How can I control the "first state" in a state group for state change drag in Kanban boards?

Jamie Berry (14013693) | asked May 31 '16, 12:25 p.m.
We are using RTC 5.0.2 and testing with RTC 6.0.2.  On our plans that use the Kanban board display we have an issue with changing states by dragging not selecting the correct state.  I have been told previously that the order of states is determined by the order of the states in the XML process configuration, but I haven't been able to get that to work.  We are trying to use the Story states of In Progress and Implemented, both of which are in the OSLC state group of In Progress.  When we drag a Story from the Open column to the In Progress column, the Story is moved to the Implmented state, regardless of the order of the states in the XML.  We would prefer not to show the states within the State Group column as a large number of our teams don't use the Implemented state.  We don't want them to have to change just because a few small teams want to use the Implmented state.

I thought 6.0.2 was going to prompt the user for the state selection on plans as it does in Quick Planner, but on our 6.0.2 server that isn't happening.

Does anyone have any suggestions on getting this to work as desired?

Be the first one to answer this question!

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.