It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Is OpenJDK supported with RTC Client/scmtools 6.0.1?

James Murphy (81) | asked May 23 '16, 7:14 p.m.
edited May 23 '16, 7:19 p.m.
I am setting up a Maven Build continuous integration environment, and one problem we have found is that when we are building our maven projects using OpenJDK and SCMTOOLS 6.0.1, when we perform "Maven Release Cycle" (mvn release:prepare release:perfrom), we get the following error:

12:19:32 [DEBUG] ErrorConsumer.consumeLine: -vm /usr/lib/jvm/java-1.8.0-openjdk.x86_64/bin/java
12:19:32 [DEBUG] ErrorConsumer.consumeLine: -vmargs
12:19:32 [DEBUG] ErrorConsumer.consumeLine: -Xmx512m
12:19:32 [DEBUG] ErrorConsumer.consumeLine: -Xshareclasses:nonfatal
12:19:32 [DEBUG] ErrorConsumer.consumeLine: -Xquickstart
12:19:32 [DEBUG] ErrorConsumer.consumeLine: -Dosgi.requiredJavaVersion=1.6
12:19:32 [DEBUG] ErrorConsumer.consumeLine: -Xdump:system:events=systhrow,filter=java/lang/OutOfMemoryError,request=exclusive+prepwalk
12:19:32 [DEBUG] ErrorConsumer.consumeLine: -jar /usr/local/jazz-6.0.1/scmtools/eclipse//plugins/org.eclipse.equinox.launcher_1.1.1.R36x_v20101122_1400.jar 
12:19:32 [ERROR] Error: Unrecognized option: -Xshareclasses:nonfatal

We do not get this error if we use RTC 4.0.6 or if we use IBM JDK. This leads me to believe that there is something that was introduced in 6.0.1 that perhaps requires IBM JDK.
I am not finding any documentation for the parameter "-Xshareclasses:nonfatal" existing in openJDK, while it clearly is documented in IBM JDK.
It is not a parameter that we specify, it is being generated by the scmtools.

If this is a known issue, or if OpenJDK is not supported can you please point me to the documentation?

Thanks,
James Murphy

Accepted answer

permanent link
sam detweiler (12.5k6195201) | answered May 23 '16, 7:42 p.m.
You have to edit out the IBM jvm only parms from the eclipse profile
James Murphy selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
James Murphy commented May 24 '16, 1:49 p.m.

Thank you! Didn't know where to look to be able to comment out those options, finally found it in the file "scmtools/eclipse/scm.ini"

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.