It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RQM Extension using Jazz Ajax Framework

Oana Capatana (23520) | asked Jan 05 '15, 4:42 a.m.
Hello,
We are currently trying to develop an extension for RQM. We are using clm 4.0 and jazz ajax framework for this. We are stuck on some issues for which we could not find a solution on forums/documentation.
Our first request for this extension is that it should be added at project area level. From the documentation for developing plugins we found that this is controlled using the applicationPageBinding extension point. The example in the documentation uses the id for the admin page (com.ibm.team.app.web.admin). Our question is how can find the ids for other application pages, such as project area in qm.
Our second question is the following: Can the extensions be added only in the main menu bar, or can they also be added in action menu bars (the ones above tables)?
We are also interested in what information can be retrieved from the current page. For example, is it possible to get information about the current project, selected test case view, etc? It would be really helpful if you could point us at a more detailed documentation on jazz ajax framework.
Thank you,
Oana Capatana

2 answers

permanent link
Paul Slauenwhite (8.4k12) | answered Jan 05 '15, 9:59 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Oana,

RQM does not support UI customizations except for custom test script types, which is restricted to IBM Business Partners.  What 'documentation' are you referring to?

permanent link
Oana Capatana (23520) | answered Jan 06 '15, 3:09 a.m.
Thank you for your response. I am still a little confused...
I was able to add the extension on admin level in RQM as you can see in the following image:
What I did was to create a plugin project, a feature project and an update site project, which I deployed in qm. The plugin project is a wizard, created using JAF and Javascript. I am able to trigger the wizard from this admin perspective. I also deployed a service plugin and was able to call my services using this wizard.
I know that the plugin is deployed in the admin perspective because of the applicationPageBindings extension point in plugin.xml:

The JAF documentation says that you can add custom extensions to other applications by using their ids. Are you saying that it is not possible to have the extension available at project area level? (by project area level I mean when I access the url: https://jazzserver:9443/qm/web/console/QMProject )
Thank you,
Oana 

Comments
Paul Slauenwhite commented Jan 06 '15, 7:29 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Hi Oana,

This type of extension is not supported by RQM.  However, it may be supported by JAF.  Can you provide a link to the JAF documentation?

Oana Capatana commented Jan 06 '15, 8:19 a.m.

The information I mentioned was from the ppt presentation found at:
http://www.slideserve.com/marv/jazz-webui-framework
https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Main/JAFTutorialStepDeploy
But I understand now that what we are trying to achieve is not possible. I guess the reason I was able to add the plugin in RQM was that I used the admin application id (which perhaps is valid for ccm and rm admin perspectives as well).

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.