It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Save conflict when saving multiple work items

Kulvinder Singh (624) | asked May 16 '16, 11:57 p.m.
converted to question May 17 '16, 7:05 a.m. by Krzysztof Kaźmierczyk (7.4k373103)
When I try to move multiple items from Backlog where view selected is "Work Breakdown", I get following error.
"Save conflict - Failed saving work items because they didn't have the most recent state. Refresh, make additional changes, then save again."

Please note that this issue appear only when I select multiple items where Parent is always selected and one or two of its children are selected. In case, when I try to move only Child items, this issue does not appear. It appears only in case I select Parent alongwith its child.

Please provide your feedback on this issue.

Comments
vishnudharan manivannan commented Jun 28 '16, 6:47 a.m.

We have the same problem. We are trying to apply rank to all the workitems in the plan. During save we get the error " "Save conflict - Failed saving work items because they didn't have the most recent state. Refresh, make additional changes, then save again.

Were you able to resolve this Kulvinder ?

Thanks,
Vishnu M

Ralph Schoon commented Jun 28 '16, 7:07 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Both question lack the minimal information required by support: the Tool Version. See How should I ask a question in the Forum if I want to receive useful answers?

In the original question I assume that since this happens in a hierarchy view the change breaks the hierarchy. I am however not sure about this. I would suggest to open a PMR with support.

One answer

permanent link
vishnudharan manivannan (1183542) | answered Jun 28 '16, 9:19 a.m.
 Hello Ralph,

I missed to add this info.. we are using RTC 6.0.1 with iFix005. 

Note : We haven't ranked any items during the start of the sprint.. We are half way through and would like to 'Apply rank' to all the items.

We're checking with support.

Thanks,
Vishnu M

Comments
Ralph Schoon commented Jun 28 '16, 9:37 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Please let us know what came up with support. Hard to tell anything from the image above.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.