It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RTC 6.0 - One Plan for multiple Team Areas?

Renato Rodrigues (111) | asked May 16 '16, 4:49 p.m.
 Hello, I have two separate team areas but I'd like to have one single plan that would encompass all work items under them, is this possible?

3 answers

permanent link
frederick carter (451217) | answered May 16 '16, 7:49 p.m.
 yes ,, create the time line as you normally would  make sure you set the checkbox to designate that its a project timeline .

then in each team area overview page , set the timeline field to the one you created

Comments
Renato Rodrigues commented May 16 '16, 9:52 p.m.

Sorry but either I was not able to fully understand your answer or it's not what I was looking for.

This is what I have:
Team Area: Area1
Inside Area1 I have a plan (Plan1) with defect A, task B

Team Area: Area2
Inside Area2 I have a plan (Plan2) with defect C, task D

I want to create Plan3 that would encompass Area1 + Area2 with all the work items (A, B, C and D) mentioned above in it. It would be a plan consisting of two other plans that reside in different team areas.

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33645) | answered May 17 '16, 3:18 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
 Please read https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Deployment/RTCProcessFundamentals for some basing understanding. 

About

In a nutshell the team areas have to use the same timeline in order to be able to see all the work items for all the team areas and an iteration.

permanent link
Geoffrey Clemm (30.1k33035) | answered Jun 05 '16, 4:53 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
No it is not possible to have a single plan for more than one team area, unless one of the team areas is the parent of all the other team areas.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.