It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

BuildForge database connection test failed

Naveen V (791458) | asked May 16 '16, 1:34 p.m.
  Hi,

I am setting up BF V 8.0.0.3 version in windows server 2012 R2 standard and MS sql 2012. I have databases created in MS sql 2012 server. 

Created the ODBC connection in BF server and able to connect to the databases successful. When I am providing the same credentials in BF install db configuration page and test the connection then getting following error.

"Failed to connect to the specified databases
Login Failed for user 'DOMAIN\dbuser '. ClientConnectionID:b5c3c690-a70c-4193........" 

Any Idea what wrogn. 

One answer

permanent link
Naveen V (791458) | answered May 16 '16, 2:22 p.m.
  Now I used SQL user authentication instead of windows NT ldap id. Then its moved to next page at my install. But installation did not success. Here is the error that I am getting

Executing: "D:\IBM\Build Forge\ibmjdk\bin\keytool.exe" -export -alias buildforge -file "D:/IBM/Build Forge/new/cert.der" -keystore "D:/IBM/Build Forge/new/buildForgeKeyStore.p12" -storepass ************* -storetype pkcs12
Certificate stored in file <D:/IBM/Build Forge/new/cert.der>
Importing the keys for the self-signed certificate.
Executing: "D:\IBM\Build Forge\ibmjdk\bin\keytool.exe" -import -noprompt -trustcacerts -alias buildforge -file "D:/IBM/Build Forge/new/cert.der" -keystore "D:/IBM/Build Forge/new/buildForgeTrustStore.p12" -storepass ************* -storetype PKCS12
Certificate was added to keystore
Creating the buildForgeCert.pem (OpenSSL).
Executing: "D:\IBM\Build Forge\openssl\openssl.exe" pkcs12 -clcerts -nokeys -in "D:/IBM/Build Forge/new/buildForgeKeyStore.p12" -passin pass:************* -out "D:/IBM/Build Forge/new/buildForgeCert.pem"
1568:error:02001015:system library:fopen:Is a directory:.\crypto\bio\bss_file.c:168:fopen('X:/PREQ-Windows-ConsoleUpdate/112/export/ssl/openssl.cnf','rb')
1568:error:2006D002:BIO routines:BIO_new_file:system lib:.\crypto\bio\bss_file.c:173:
1568:error:0E078002:configuration file routines:DEF_LOAD:system lib:.\crypto\conf\conf_def.c:197:
An unexpected error has occured [1602], please contact support

Exit Code: 1

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.