It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Timeout in Build Forge adaptor

Jozef Vandenmooter (16332933) | asked Sep 17 '13, 12:23 p.m.
Hi,

There's a cleartool fnd command in one of our adaptors which runs for more than 5 minutes and causes it to time out. I need to set the value higher than 5 minutes. Where can I find this setting? The adaptor is called before the project starts (through an adaptor link). I increased the value of the Server Usage Connect Timeout, but that doesn't seem to make a difference.

Thanks,

Jozef

Comments
Ryan Ruscett commented Sep 17 '13, 12:38 p.m.

Let us know if this works for you, thanks! 

Accepted answer

permanent link
Ryan Ruscett (1.0k413) | answered Sep 17 '13, 12:34 p.m.
edited Sep 17 '13, 12:36 p.m.
The server usage connect timeout value only specifies how long an agent should wait to receive a response once a process has been spawned. 

You have two potential options. 
BEST option is 1. 2 may be viable, but never tested. 
1. In the adapter link, you can specify a timout value, which specifies how soon the command should timeout.  
Example : <run command="UpdateEnv" params="" server="" dir="/" timeout="360"/> I believe the default is 5 minutes. So you should enter a value in seconds that is longer. Such as 360 or or 420. Higher if needed.

2.  In the adapter link, you can specify a timout value, which specifies how soon the command should timeout.  
The I/O timeout is 300 seconds by default. That value can be adjusted by creating BF_SOCKET_SELECT_TIMEOUT as an operating system variable and giving it a value (in seconds). You must restart the system to take action.

Let us know if this helps, 
Thanks!

Jozef Vandenmooter selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Jozef Vandenmooter commented Sep 17 '13, 4:33 p.m.

Wow - that setting was right there looking at me! :)

Thanks!

Jozef

Ryan Ruscett commented Sep 17 '13, 4:54 p.m.

Awesome!  

One other answer

permanent link
Saurabh Jain (568) | answered Feb 18 '14, 1:04 p.m.
edited Feb 18 '14, 1:05 p.m.
Ryan ,

I have a question here.

Q : What do you mean by adapter link here ?

I am also facing some timeout problem here , can you please look into that , if you are aware.

Here is my question.

https://jazz.net/forum/questions/142631/warning-crrbf0218i-timeout-after-360-seconds

Thank you

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.