It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RTCz - How to delete files when the they are promoted from dev to test stage using promotion definition.?

Vijayalakshmie K Ekan (711116) | asked May 05 '16, 11:46 a.m.
RTCz - How to delete files when the they are promoted from dev to test stage using promotion definition.?
When I promote from DEV to TEST libraries, after promotion i want to delete the files from DEV libraries.
How to achieve this.

Can any one help me.

Thanks in Advance, Viji

One answer

permanent link
Ravikanth Chavali (401724) | answered May 06 '16, 12:36 p.m.
 Here is an approach...
Create a DeleteRexx/clist that deletes a member if it exists in a PDS. Inputs(memberName, pds(e) location, etc)
Create a WrapperRexx/clist that parses the promotionInfo.xml file and identifies each member/program that needs to be DELETED.
Call the DeleteRexx from the WrapperRexx and pass the identified information and any additional information needed.
Modify the generated promotion macro xml file to include a new ant target task that executes WrapperRexx, pass the path to the promotionInfo.xml file and any additional information needed.
Make sure the ant target task is executed/invoked.
On the promotion definition, Use the modified promotion macro xml file instead of generating each time.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.