It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to create multiple Test Execution Records running the same Test Suite?

Theodore Hsieh (135) | asked May 04 '16, 8:15 p.m.
edited May 04 '16, 8:21 p.m.
I have created a Test Suite with 4 test cases in it.  I need to run this suite to test different fixes.  Is there a way to run the same suite and have unique Test Suite Execution Record for each run?

Accepted answer

permanent link
Don Yang (7.7k21109138) | answered May 04 '16, 11:37 p.m.
Hi, Theodone

If you add test suite to a test plan and use various combination of test environment to generate test suite execution record for one test suite within test plan's test suite section, you should be able to have multiple TSER for one test suite.

Thanks
Theodore Hsieh selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Theodore Hsieh commented May 05 '16, 2:05 p.m.

I added a test suite to the test plan and when I tried to execute the test suite, it brought up the 'Define Record Details' window. 
However, the 'Test Plan', 'Iteration", and 'Test Environment' fields were all blank and the menu was blank also, so I was not able to specify anything in these fields.  With nothing specified in these fields, clicking 'Finish' did nothing and the test suite did not run at all.

Don Yang commented May 05 '16, 7:19 p.m.

You need to go to Test Environment section in test plan to define it first and schedule can provide iteration for test plan with which you can then create multiple TSER.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.