It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to customize the print layout for a work item?

Erik Mats (10511125) | asked May 04 '16, 11:23 a.m.
Can you change the print layout for work items to omit one attribute from printing, which is shown in the web UI?

The standard presentation for the work item will be used in a slightly different format/stylesheet when printing. But are there any options to change the print layout without changing the editor layout?

Comments
Donald Nong commented May 06 '16, 4:33 a.m.

Are you sure it's the standard presentation used in the print format? I will say the print format just happens to match the standard presentation. I changed the default editor but the print format did not change a bit. It seems to use a template hidden somewhere.

Erik Mats commented May 06 '16, 4:48 a.m. | edited May 06 '16, 5:09 a.m.

Good question. "Default" may be playing a trick here. I tested on a Task. I noticed the Resolution date was hidden by default in the web UI and in the printout. I changed the Task presentation to no longer hide Resolution date. This change immediately took effect in both the web UI and the print.

So my question for you is: Did the change you made show in the web UI? Otherwise your test may have been for the wrong presentation?

Donald Nong commented May 06 '16, 6:09 a.m.

That's interesting. I tested with Defect type. I modified all four editors. :-)

Be the first one to answer this question!

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.