It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Adapter cannot connect to one of the renamed project area

Ricky Jay (28926) | asked Apr 28 '16, 7:29 a.m.
Hello,

I am facing a problem while integrating RQM and RPT through adapter. Adapter connects fine with other projects but it throws below errors while connecting to the project which was earlier renamed.

I have tried connecting it by using old project name and the new project name but it doesn't connect in any case.
RPT Version: 8.7

Can someone please suggest on this?

Thanks

2 answers

permanent link
Joao Carusi (263114) | answered Apr 28 '16, 8:06 a.m.
 Hi Humayun, 

Try using project alias, here is a technote about it: 
http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg21394276

Thank you

Comments
Ricky Jay commented Apr 28 '16, 8:12 a.m.

Hi Joao,

Thanks for the quick response.  I have already followed this and it says this issue has been resolved in newer versions of RPT. We are using 8.7 version.

Update: This issue has been corrected in RPT versions 8.1.1 and later.

Also, I have changed some other project name and tried connecting with old/new names of the project area and it is successfully connected.

Seems like there is an issue with my project or some roles/permission issue.

Is there any specific permission needed for the adapter connectivity?

Joao Carusi commented Apr 28 '16, 8:34 a.m.

Hi,

"This user account must exist in Rational Quality Manager with a Connector Client Access License. The user account must also be added to the project area being accessed by the adapter, with a role granting write permissions to the project. The default Test Team Member role is recommended."

Ricky Jay commented Apr 28 '16, 1:07 p.m.

Thanks for the useful information.

Ricky Jay commented Apr 28 '16, 1:08 p.m.

Thanks for the useful information.

permanent link
Ricky Jay (28926) | answered Apr 28 '16, 1:13 p.m.
In my case, user was a member of project in RQM and it has RQM Connector Client Access License.

I have identified the problem as there was a missing permission in a user role assigned to a member i have used in configuring the adapter. Below permission must be enabled in order to connect RPT adapter with RQM.

Register - under Register tool adapter section.

This resolves the adapter connectivity issue :)

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.