It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Has anyone had much success using the MS-SCCI interface with RTC inside Rhapsody?

Jamie Berry (14013693) | asked Apr 19 '16, 3:38 p.m.
 We have a group of Rhapsody (version 8.1.2) users that are trying to use RTC (version 5.0.2) from within Rhapsody utilizing the MS-SCCI interface.  We have had lots of issues with our attempts and I thought I would turn to the forums to see if anyone has had any luck...  Below are some of the issues we have encountered:
  * Seems to be slow and often times out on various operations
  * When launching Rhapsody from within a loaded sandbox, I have to use File->Configuration Items... Connect to Archive in order to set my sandbox, even though I just launched from my active sandbox.  When it connects, I get the dialog asking if I want to disconnect my sandbox folder from source control.  I always say 'No' because I want it to track my changes.  Why do I get this message when I am trying to connect to the loaded sandbox?
  * After connecting to the Archive, there have been many times when I try to bring up the MS-SCCI Pending Changes view and it tells me I need to login to see the changes but doesn't offer me a way to login.
  * If I close the File->Configuration Items... dialog it seems to lose the fact that I connected to the archive which prevents me from being able to use the context sensitive menu to perform CM operations.  This doesn't always happen but is frequent.  Every time I reconnect it seems to start a new daemon for the connection (I have multiple instances of the sandbox showing up in the MS-SCCI task tray menu.

Basically, I am looking for someone with a positive experience with this interface that can hopefully shed some light on why things are working so poorly for us.

Thanks,
Jamie.

Be the first one to answer this question!

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.