It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to fetch all the teamareas in a repository which the user has access to?

ast java (4511847) | asked Apr 06 '16, 3:33 a.m.
 Hi All,

I have a requirement to get all the teamareas where the user has access to it in a repository.

I know to go through all the project areas and their team areas by looping it to find it.

But is there anyway using an api directly to find it?

Accepted answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Apr 06 '16, 3:43 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited Apr 06 '16, 3:44 a.m.
That depends on what you are really looking for, which tools, and what the real intention is, the real search criteria and the purpose. Unfortunately you fail to provide the required information.

https://rsjazz.wordpress.com/2012/12/09/analyzing-a-aroject-areas-members-and-roles-using-the-plain-java-client-libraries/ in section Only Analyze the Process Areas of One User shows how to get the process areas a user is member of (in RTC, potentially RQM, RDNG?). This however does not mean that these are the ones that the user has access to. Access permissions could grant users access to project areas and other content without being a member or restrict access to data even if the user is a member of said process area.

Different tools have different APIs (although I think the process area membership is common API across various Jazz Tools), so there might not be a universal solution, even if you can provide the requirements and there are solutions for some of the tools.
ast java selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
ast java commented Apr 07 '16, 1:06 a.m.

Thanks Ralph. I was looking for analyzing the process areas of one user in RTC.

I got the required solution from the link you had provided. 

That returns the process areas only if the user is a member. 

Ralph Schoon commented Apr 08 '16, 3:09 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Yes. The user however can access way more process areas, dependent on how the Access Permissions are set.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.