It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to add a hyperlink text on an RTC workitem

Rohit Rishabh (1531136) | asked Mar 23 '16, 5:23 p.m.
I would like to add a hyperlink text/label on our RTC Defect form which user can click and it would take them to an external page where we have some defect guideline posted.
How do I achieve this?

Accepted answer

permanent link
Mohanraj Ragupathi (54519) | answered Mar 24 '16, 3:14 a.m.
edited Mar 28 '16, 12:44 a.m.
Under "Defect" Workitem presentation ==> You can directly add "Non-Attribute-based presentation" ==> Kind ==> "Static Rich Text" and in "Text"  you can add your url some thing like below
Guidelines: ☁ https://mycompany.com/wiki/RTCGuidelines#Defect

Now create a defect and check.
Rohit Rishabh selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Ralph Schoon commented Mar 24 '16, 3:28 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Nice option as well.

Rohit Rishabh commented Mar 24 '16, 3:22 p.m.

Hi Mohan - It looked as a simple solution, but when I tried it and added a text like https://xyz.com/wiki/guideline.aspx , it appeared as a plain text and not as a hyperlink on the defect form, which means user need to copy the text and paste on a browser to go to the page.
I am looking for a solution where the text on the defect form has the hyperlink to the target page and does not appear just as a plain text.

Ralph Schoon commented Mar 24 '16, 3:35 p.m.

Try to create the haperlink somewhere and copy /paste it

Rohit Rishabh commented Mar 24 '16, 3:45 p.m.

Did not work. I typed a text Guideline in MS Word and added a hyperlink to an external site, then copy the text and paste in the Text section of ht e Static Text presentation, all it pasted was a plain Guideline with no hyperlink.

Mohanraj Ragupathi commented Mar 28 '16, 12:45 a.m.

Rohit,

Sorry, You have to use "Static Rich Text" instead of "Static Text" in Non-Attribute based presentation. This will solve your hyperlink issue.

Rohit Rishabh commented May 03 '16, 4:13 p.m.

@rpmraj Awesome! Worked perfectly as I needed. Thanks a ton :)

Girish Chandra P commented Mar 21 '18, 3:28 a.m.

I agree with the Answer from Mohanraj Ragupath Thank you Mohan

showing 5 of 7 show 2 more comments

3 other answers

permanent link
Tiago Moura (8387) | answered Mar 23 '16, 5:32 p.m.
You can do it using the Wiki data type to the attribute. So, you can use the wiki markup language to create links.

https://jazz.net/library/article/1003/

Comments
Tiago Moura commented Mar 23 '16, 5:34 p.m.

Also, if you use the HTML data type, you can use links too.

Rohit Rishabh commented Mar 23 '16, 5:55 p.m.

Thanks Tiago,
Can you elaborate the steps for using HTML data type?
I see Large and Medium HTML attribute type, which one should I use?
Where to add target URL in the attribute?
I am using CLM 6.0.1

Tiago Moura commented Mar 23 '16, 6:22 p.m.

You can use any HTML size, it only defines how much chars it could keep.

Follow this steps:

1 - create a attribute with the HTML type
2 - associate the attribute with a Defect work item type
3 - put the attribute visible on the defect work item presentation

After that, when you create a new Defect you can fill the attribute with something like: http://mysite.com and it will be highlighted as a hyperlink.

Rohit Rishabh commented Mar 24 '16, 3:26 p.m.

Tiago  - I am looking for a solution where the predefined link text appear on a defect form as a part of default attributes and not something that a user need to fill while creating a defect.

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Mar 24 '16, 3:07 a.m.
Please note, if you want to use some attribute customization, you can use the built in single line or multi line HTML attribute customization. See
  Lab 4.

However, as far as I know, JavaScript attribute customization won't work. I have never been successful with setting HTML from JavaScript attribute customization, as the tags seem to get escaped out and don't work any more.

Comments
Rohit Rishabh commented Mar 24 '16, 3:35 p.m. | edited Mar 24 '16, 3:39 p.m.

Ralph - I noticed a non attribute-based presentation called  "Type Description" below the work item type attribute on defect workitem, which is a Static Rich Text kind and it has a hyper linked text called Type Description under Rich Text section which points to the defect workitem practice element url of the process description of the project area.

I can create another element in the process description with the guidelines, but how do I add it's url to a new non-attribute based presentation of static rich text. I tried adding but the rich text appears a plain text on the form (In the web client).

permanent link
deepti harinkhede (219) | answered Nov 27 '17, 1:32 p.m.

Hi Rohit,

I am trying to achieve the same, a Predefined hyperlink in a workitem. Were you able to make it possible. I tried Static Rich Text which works in the client but not on Web UI.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.