It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RRDi Challenges

Glenn Watkins (88347) | asked Mar 16 '16, 5:54 a.m.
 Hi

We are using RTC 5.0

1) I would like to know if it is possible to report on multiple linking levels in one report, ie, Parent, Child, Grand Child and possibly Great Grandchild, ( 4 levels of linking)

2) Can we pull through the list of attachments attached to a specific work item into a report?

Any and all assistance will be greatly appreciated

Kind Regards
Glenn

Accepted answer

permanent link
Francesco Chiossi (5.7k11119) | answered Mar 16 '16, 12:32 p.m.
Hello Glenn,

#1 should be possible, you can build a query using:
[Operational Data Store].[Request Area].[Request]
[Operational Data Store].[Request Area].[Request Related Requests (by Relational Link)]
to get one level of parent relationship.
You can then duplicate it (by using copy / paste in the Queries view).
If you join the 2 queries so that the request ID of the child of the first is equal to the request ID of the parent of the second, you can get a 3 level relationship, that you can expand in the same way to the 4th level

#2 is not possible, as the attachments information is not stored in the data warehouse.
See the Work Item entry of the data dictionary for reference:

Work Item
http://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/SSYMRC_5.0.2/com.ibm.team.reports.doc/topics/ccm/Work-Item.html

Best Regards,

Francesco Chiossi
Glenn Watkins selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Glenn Watkins commented Mar 17 '16, 2:04 a.m.

Hi Fransesco

Thank you for taking the time to answer my questions.

In terms of point #2, in RTC I am able to run a query in the project area, and by adding "Attachments"  using the "Column Display" I am able to expose the attached documents in a list format within the query. Currently we have over 50 project areas which means I would need to create this query in all project areas to get this information. I just need to see the summary (Name) of the attachment and not the content.

Would the same not be possible in RRDi?

Again I thank you for your time and attention to this.

Kind Regards
Glenn 

Geoffrey Clemm commented Mar 17 '16, 3:12 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

A query runs against the live data (which has access to the attachments), while RRDI runs against the data warehouse, in which is stored only a subset of the live data.

Francesco Chiossi commented Mar 17 '16, 6:58 a.m.

In addition to Geoffrey's comment, that I completely agree with, the content of the subset of data is described in the data dictionary link, posted in my answer above.
Unluckily, the attachment information is not part of it.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.