It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to define RQM Categories external URI?

Taly Hotimsky (2714557) | asked Mar 11 '16, 8:40 a.m.
 I've seen on 6.0.1 News and Noteworthy that on 6.0.1 we can establish external URIs to map values between different PAs.

The page indicates this structure: [scheme:][//authority][path][?query][#fragment]

I'm wondering if someone can help me dumb it down.

On RDNG we can define RDF URIs that have any semantics, as long as they start with https://.
I understand this is not true for RQM but it doesn't help me in figuring out what exactly the external URI should look like in RQM.

Comments
Donald Nong commented Mar 14 '16, 2:25 a.m.

What forms of URI have you tried? I thought as long as it's "meaningful" it should be OK but I have not actually tried it yet.

Taly Hotimsky commented Mar 14 '16, 7:59 a.m. | edited Mar 14 '16, 8:40 a.m.

Hi Donald.

I don't recall exactly the formats I tried last week, though none worked. On categories, I'd always get and invalid error.

What do you call "meaningful"? Can you provide an example?

Donald Nong commented Mar 14 '16, 8:08 p.m.

Just had a quick test and it appears to be working fine for me. I defined a custom attribute like this

and the REST representation will look like this

One answer

permanent link
Daniel Chirillo (1801623) | answered Mar 21 '16, 12:08 a.m.
Donald,

Even though the save is successful (which means the change has been POSTED or PUT to the server successfully), the QM server complains about any URI used:

Comments
Donald Nong commented Apr 20 '16, 9:24 p.m.

In my earlier post I showed an example of a custom attribute. Your case is for category, which is what Taly originally asked. i did not have any problems with categories either.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.