It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How do I find the Deleted Work Items

Vijayveer Reddy (17625) | asked Mar 07 '16, 6:29 a.m.
edited Mar 07 '16, 6:31 a.m.
Dear All,

When i am trying to search the WI in the search field with the ID, it is giving  Below error.

Error!

Error fetching or storing Work Item 39060 | Details: Could not load work item. A work item with that number may not exist.

In case if it got deleted, we want to know who is deleted the WI.  Is there any logs are History which helps to track the Deleted WI's.

Your help will be appreciated..

Thank You...!

Accepted answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Mar 07 '16, 6:56 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
In general, the suggestion at least as far as I am concerned is NOT TO DELETE WORK ITEMS.
For a long time it was not even possible to delete work items at all. Now there is a capability to do that.

As far as I know if you delete a work item, it is gone and you can no longer figure if it ever existed. Its history data will also be gone. So don't allow to delete the work items and rather use a state where they are closed or finally archived and filter those out of the ordinary views.

See:

Results

Once deleted, a work item will no longer appear or be referenced in almost all contexts. A reference to deleted work items might appear in local history in the Team Artifacts view or a locally-cached change event feed, but if a user attempts to open the work item, a message is displayed indicating that the work item has been deleted.

Vijayveer Reddy selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Vijayveer Reddy commented Mar 08 '16, 1:00 a.m.

Dear Ralph Schoon,

Thank you for the response.

Is there any chance to get it from database logs...! We are using oracal DB

Thank You...!

Ralph Schoon commented Mar 08 '16, 1:58 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Sorry, but I think my answer says it all. You might be able to figure something from the DB log, or not. Another hint is a work item ID that is no longer used. What you want to get from that information escapes me however.

Vijayveer Reddy commented Mar 08 '16, 2:13 a.m.

Dear Ralph Schoon,

Thank you for your valuable support.

Thank You...!

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.